N64 emulation on Xbox
I finally figured out how to get FTP going with my Vista. I was wondering if anyone is familar with running a N64 emulator and games on xbox. If so which ones work and where to add the emulator and roms? Thank you.
You can use Navi-X to download some emulators. As for roms, use google to find them since we can't give direct locations for roms here.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
I have Surreal64 already loaded on my xbox. I've got a couple of files for N64 emulators I just need to find a place to put them so I can open them. Any idea on what file format they may need to be? Also where they may need to go on my xbx hard drive? Thank you.
I use surreal64 as well. My roms end with .usa. Just add Surreal64 as a source in programs and launch it from there or go to file manager and launch the default.xbe from the Surreal64 folder. You launch the games once Surreal64 is running.

I have my games on my F: drive, but I've upgraded my hard drive from the stock one so you may not have one if you've got a standard box. It doesn't matter where you store the emulator. It's easiest to put the roms in a folder named Roms in the Surreal64 folder.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
I managed to get Perfect Dark running! Big Grin. Its kinda choppy and graphics seem very bad. Any suggestions on making it any smoother?
best list of settings that I have found: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=260140
I thought I read somewhere that you can add video plugins to help the games run better. Is this true?
An xbox can only run one .xbe at a time. As soon as you launch an emulator, XBMC isn't running anymore. Because only one thing runs at a time, I don't think that a video plugin could have any influence on how a game runs.
I understand. Have you experimented with any PSX or Dreamcast emulators on your xbox?
Surreal does use video plugins, but they're entirely different from python plugins in XBMC.

When you start a game, you have a choice of which Rice version to use. While there are video plugins for N64 emulators besides Rice, they aren't available on the X-Box, and you'd need some serious programming skills to port them.

There is no Dreamcast emulator either.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=524593
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
PSX, yes. Dreamcast, no. Here's the link to Pcsxbox that I found most helpful: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=238506
One more quick question Tongue

I added Ken Griff. Jr baseball to my /F/Apps/Emulators/snes/Media/Other/SuperNintendoEntertainmentSystem/Roms. I went to the emulator on the xbox and it worked fine. Played the game for a bit then I decided to add some more. Well I renamed the "Other" folder to "Games". I add some more games and go to the emulator on the xbox and no games are there, including Ken Griff. Jr. baseball. So I rename the "Games" folder to "Other" and delete all the games out of it. Re add them to same folder + my /F/Games/Roms folder and I can't seem to get them to work on the emulator on the xbox now. I've rebooted and tried and have no luck. Any suggestions?
Depending on your emulator, you'll have to navigate to the sources of the roms. Each emulator is a bit different, but it should ask you where the roms are. Just point to the folders you stated and it should pick them up. It doesn't really matter where you put the roms as long as you let the emulator know where they are.

Good luck.
Well I did so, but tried to add more and it wont recognize any. There are no other folders to add the games to. Doesn't make much since but that's all the info I can give you. I'll have to try again later I suppose. It's just weird how it worked and then I added more roms to the same folder and suddenly it wont recognize any games. Deleting them and adding them back didn't work. I personally think its the emulator and maybe there is a better SNES emulator.
That it doesn't recognize a game it has nothing to do with which emulator you are using.As far as I know.
Here you find the list of Best Emulators For Xbox http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=386399.

Edit:I probably found the emulator that you were using and the name of folder was others not other.And yes there is a better emulator.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
N64 emulation on Xbox0