• 2(current)
[Windows]DirectShow Player Need some help
Thanks for the test file. Unfortunately, I can't get DSPlayer to play anything (even regular xvid files). I even disabled Digital Audio and MediaStream_Redux just in case. Here is my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/f4915ee9e

Good luck with this project!
A600 Wrote:You have to use "Play using..." and select the DSPlayer.

So far it looks good with the samples I tried. I get an average of 20% cpu usage with DSPlayer instead of the 30% with DVDPlayer.

Many thanks, tiben20!
Thank you for that nice comments i been working on this player for hours. At start i wasnt even sure too see one day a simple video image with the osd on top of it

paco Wrote:Thanks for the test file. Unfortunately, I can't get DSPlayer to play anything (even regular xvid files). I even disabled Digital Audio and MediaStream_Redux just in case. Here is my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/f4915ee9e

Good luck with this project!
well thank you for trying but the thing is if you can read the topic of the thread im asking for help 12 month ago i didnt know anything about c++. I really need help with coding this!
Just tried this and i was amazed!

Tried two 720p mkv's and both played using 8% - 20% CPU (on a single core amd 3200+ and 9400GT).
There are some issues with stopping the videos but nevertheless...
Awsome work tiben20, thank you so much.

[url=Image]Image[/url]

[url=Image]Image[/url]

PS: Using CPU i get 65%-70% average.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Just tried this and i was amazed!

Tried two 720p mkv's and both played using 8% - 20% CPU (on a single core amd 3200+ and 9400GT).
There are some issues with stopping the videos but nevertheless...
Awsome work tiben20, thank you so much.

[url=Image]Image[/url]

[url=Image]Image[/url]

PS: Using CPU i get 65%-70% average.

Yeah i know its normal for the video dont stop i spend almost all the time on making it starting and rendering.
But still the controls are still need to be worked. I got the seeking pretty good but for the fast forward its going to be much harder to make something perfect.

For the cpu stuff i stilll need to do the dxva implementation but its nothing compare to what i done already
Ah, knew it must be something something simple. That'll teach me to try to test something when tired.

Alright, now I can say it definitely appears to work. CPU went from about 40% to 25%. Searching is a little delayed and the progress bar doesn't seem to display anything, but overall good work so far.
Also, fyi, the player doesn't seem to recognize multiple audio streams. I mention this in case you were worried you didn't already have enough on your plate. Big Grin
...also crashes when i hit X (stop) and subtitles aren't showing Blush

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
natethomas Wrote:Also, fyi, the player doesn't seem to recognize multiple audio streams. I mention this in case you were worried you didn't already have enough on your plate. Big Grin
you should take a look at this is really interesting.
Get this application called graphstudio at http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/mono...aphstudio/
1.start your video with the ds player
2.Goto graphstudio
3.In file and connect to remote graph you will see one graphs just and hit connect.
The graph you will see is the one from the dsplayer.
If you have mpc-hc you can also connect too a playing video with the same application too see how their graph is working.

and nate for the time before starting the video its normal directshow is longer too load than the ffmpeg api which dvdplayer is using
xbs08 Wrote:...also crashes when i hit X (stop) and subtitles aren't showing Blush
Subtitles are far from being done but for leaving a video im going too work on this as soon as possible. Keep in mind this is a topic for developement and not support
This afternoon I made a little internal DirectShow source filter that can read from XBMC CFile objects. This means that the DirectShow player can take advantage of all the file sources and archives that XBMC natively supports. I'll upload the patch tomorrow morning when I have a little time to clean it up.
tiben20 Wrote:Keep in mind this is a topic for developement and not support

I totaly understand that. Nod

ArtVandelae Wrote:This afternoon I made a little internal DirectShow source filter that can read from XBMC CFile objects. This means that the DirectShow player can take advantage of all the file sources and archives that XBMC natively supports. I'll upload the patch tomorrow morning when I have a little time to clean it up.

Nice! Did you have too split the splitter and the filter source in 2 instead of having it splitted directly?
tiben20 Wrote:Nice! Did you have too split the splitter and the filter source in 2 instead of having it splitted directly?

It's just an async file stream so, yes, you still need a splitter. Not really a big deal as both the MPC-HC and Haali splitters offer filters that can accept input from a source filter.

Windows Media files are the only problematic case as I'm not aware of any WMV splitter files that can accept input from an external source filter. The default WM ASF reader functions as both a source and splitter and can't accept outside input. There are basically three ways I can see getting around this:

1. Find or write a third-party WMV splitter that can take input from a separate source filter.
2. Hook into the module and override the file functions.
3. Treat WMV files as a special case and copy them to the cache folder when dealing with sources that Windows can't access natively.
ArtVandelae Wrote:It's just an async file stream so, yes, you still need a splitter. Not really a big deal as both the MPC-HC and Haali splitters offer filters that can accept input from a source filter.
I dont really want the splitter and source in the same filter. I already have defined the guid for every splitter in the code. just look in registerfilter.h.

ArtVandelae Wrote:Windows Media files are the only problematic case as I'm not aware of any WMV splitter files that can accept input from an external source filter. The default WM ASF reader functions as both a source and splitter and can't accept outside input. There are basically three ways I can see getting around this:
1. Find or write a third-party WMV splitter that can take input from a separate source filter.
2. Hook into the module and override the file functions.
3. Treat WMV files as a special case and copy them to the cache folder when dealing with sources that Windows can't access natively
For a good seeking i already took a look and we need the wm asf reader and nothing else. Anyway xbmc is actually crap when its about playing wmv!!

As soon as i get the player stopping playing and go back to xbmc correctly ill clean up the code with a comments and then rewrite the way the freaking graph is builded actually this is crap and not clear at all
I put the internal source filter in the Trac ticket. It works although the way it is integrated into the DSPlayerFilter class still needs to be cleaned up.
ArtVandelae Wrote:I put the internal source filter in the Trac ticket. It works although the way it is integrated into the DSPlayerFilter class still needs to be cleaned up.

Whoa just tryed it NICE JOB really working great just trying with a compressed file. You forgot GetFileSplitterGuid function :p but i guest you just copied the one for the sourceguid and changed the guid. Yeah definetly we are going too switch too this and screw the old way i was doing it. Thank you again really appreciated

And i found something that you will find interesting. Its 3 samples for wmv codecs from microsoft. I dont remember from which package i got this from but i just compressed it here the link
http://www.easy-share.com/1908231607/wm%...amples.rar

But i think the best would be to get our branch for that player
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]DirectShow Player Need some help1