• 6(current)
[Windows]DirectShow Player Need some help
Impressive.

For one reason or another (I'm sure it my video card/computer/video-format/cat's fault), it's not accellerating any h264 stuff, but VC-1 stuff (my Superman Returns HD-DVD rip for instance) is being accellerated and CPU usage drops from 85-90% down to 30-40% and there are far less stutters.

Neat.
great work
my h264 mkv are accelerated but i can only play file that are on my hdd, smb files aren't working.
yes I remember tiben20 saying smb support wasn't in there yet which is probably the cause for some peoples problems
MajorTom Wrote:yes I remember tiben20 saying smb support wasn't in there yet which is probably the cause for some peoples problems

Not at all its almost the first thing i fixed in the project is smb support. I just forgot to remove it from the first post.

For the regsrv i really dont want the directshow filters to be registered. I tested on windows 7 and windows xp and the player work without the registering this is weird ill have too make much more debug log and find out what is the problem.

xbs08 Wrote:Just tried your latest build, but none of my the files play, tested several mkv and mp4.
The files seem to be "playing" in the background but they don't show on screen
Im aware of that problem its normal for mp4 because there no rules for it yet. For mkv it might be a much bigger problem. If there any subtitles in the mkv the filters connection crash and your ending up with half of the player slightly playing.

Anyway THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD!!!
tiben20 Wrote:Im aware of that problem its normal for mp4 because there no rules for it yet. For mkv it might be a much bigger problem. If there any subtitles in the mkv the filters connection crash and your ending up with half of the player slightly playing.

tks, tried some mkv's that don't have subs and works Big Grin tks again

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:tks, tried some mkv's that don't have subs and works Big Grin tks again

Thx for the answer at least now im fixed on the problem with the mkv. I cant simply use directvobsub because its not compatible with dxva
I managed to get the player working registering all the filters, however, still get the "Not using DXVA" message and the CPU utilization is about the same as for the default xbmc player.
(Running Vista Ultimate x86 on intel core2duo e6700, 2.67GHz / Nvidia 8800GT, 4GB DDR2).
Because my specs don't cry for DXVA implemented, I wanna know if, someday, we can use a third-party codec in xbmc (as you did for the .ax filters). I don't need DXVA but I will enjoy CoreAVC or DirectVobSub, or even MadVR renderer.

Note: This is not a request, I'm just curious if this road opened by tiben20 can lead someday to third-party codecs use in xbmc player or custom video renderers implemented.
i will infract the next guy posting in here without contributing anything to development
nathanjones Wrote:Impressive.

For one reason or another (I'm sure it my video card/computer/video-format/cat's fault), it's not accellerating any h264 stuff, but VC-1 stuff (my Superman Returns HD-DVD rip for instance) is being accellerated and CPU usage drops from 85-90% down to 30-40% and there are far less stutters.

Neat.

Wouldn't acceleration bring the cpu usage down to less than 10%

I'm not sure if if the patch supports EVR yet, but I beleive to use DXVA in Vista and above you need to use that (DXVA 2.0)
I would assume it depends on the accelleration used, the card, the video drivers, etc etc etc.

On linux, the CPU usage dropped to about 5-10% using VDPAU, but this is a Windows Work-in-Progress, so who knows. The 6-channel FLAC decoding might take up a chunk of CPU, not sure.
If your not a developer just ask your question there in this support thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=435366
Edit: I moved this question to the support forum....
I'm trying to compile this branch to see if I can contribute some diffs, and help tiben out. I'm having trouble building though..

The branch adds a dependency on the ATL headers which don't come with Visual Studio Express....tiben how are you going about compiling it are you using another visual studio (paid one)...or did you download an additional SDK...?
Tiben20, any thoughts on how to handle subtitles? This afternoon I coded up a basic skeleton subtitle filter (based on the one in MPC-HC) that can grab subtitle packets as they are streamed from the splitter but beyond that I'm not sure what direction you wanted to go in at this point. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to integrate the MPC-HC subtitle renderer but at the same time it would probably be neater to use the existing XBMC subtitle functionality if possible.

I'll try to clean up the code and submit the patch sometime this week so at the very least we'll have the beginnings of an internal Directshow subtitle system in XBMC (even if it doesn't do anything other than receive raw data yet).
ArtVandelae Wrote:Tiben20, any thoughts on how to handle subtitles? This afternoon I coded up a basic skeleton subtitle filter (based on the one in MPC-HC) that can grab subtitle packets as they are streamed from the splitter but beyond that I'm not sure what direction you wanted to go in at this point. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to integrate the MPC-HC subtitle renderer but at the same time it would probably be neater to use the existing XBMC subtitle functionality if possible.

I'll try to clean up the code and submit the patch sometime this week so at the very least we'll have the beginnings of an internal Directshow subtitle system in XBMC (even if it doesn't do anything other than receive raw data yet).

I did think about it but didnt know which way would be the best for the subtitles. I do think we could use the same as the dvdplayer.
you can take a look in the function CGUIWindowFullScreen::RenderTTFSubtitles()
If you can handle the subtitle rendering it leave it to you and just work on something else.
By the way really good job with the source filter!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]DirectShow Player Need some help1