[Mod] Fanart View v2.0
Star 
Here is version 2.0 of the Fanart View Mod. Pressing Down in the Fanart View will bring up this screen.

This image shows the Top Options Menu Bar and the Bottom Pane hidden. You can hide these elements by going into settings then skin settings. Hide Bottom Pane is on the first page and hide Top Options Menu Bar is under the Media section.

Now back to the mod. In the first mod I opened a new window to fill the screen with information and then opened another window to view the movie trailer. This is all done in one window now. You can Close This window, Play This Movie and Play Movie Trailer all from buttons on screen. The Trailer window will close by itself if the trailer plays through or you can stop it by pressing down at any time.

Before anyone asks why is the Trailer Button at the bottom. Well not every movie has a trailer available and the button will only be available and visible when there is a trailer to view.

As usual replace the 720p folder in your Rapier Skin folder to use the mod. Don't forget to back up your old 720p folder first in case you want to change back. Downloads are in a folder called Mod Fanart View by SAangler located here. File is called Mod Fanart View v2.0 For PC.zip

New Xbox version available to try. File is called Mod Fanart View v2.0 For Xbox.zip
Keep in mind that it is memory hungry. But I can verify that it works on 4 xbox's here. Just check your fanart images sizes and thumbs sizes etc. If you still have problems look in the forum for more help on memory issues or unload the mod. I am still a noob at this and this is the best I can do so far.

If the Xbox version of this mod will not work on your xbox then try the TrailerView or Combo Mod. Both have Xbox versions and both work very well in the Wrap Info View.

SAangler
AWESOME! Big Grin

Will definitely use this...
Thank you

Just one question (not actually about your mod maybe) but is it possible to add a "quick scroll bar" at the bottom.

So, for example, when I'm at the trailer button and press down again I get a horizontal scrollbar which scrolls a whole row instead of just one movie?
(Or any fast scrolling method...)
Nice, looks awesome.
Nod

I can't seem to get the images to show up on the right side.
Do you have a folder named extrathumbs in the movie folder?

With:
thumb1.jpg
thumb2.jpg
thumb3.jpg
the buttons show up for me, but they are empty, there's no text in them. also, is it possible to put the frames around the 16:9 thumbs and not on them?
Durkslag Wrote:AWESOME! Big Grin

Will definitely use this...
Thank you

Just one question (not actually about your mod maybe) but is it possible to add a "quick scroll bar" at the bottom.

So, for example, when I'm at the trailer button and press down again I get a horizontal scrollbar which scrolls a whole row instead of just one movie?
(Or any fast scrolling method...)
G'day Durkslag,

Glad you like the mod. You are right in that a "horizontal scrollbar which scrolls a whole row instead of just one movie" has nothing to do with my mod. Perhaps a message to Scarfa relaying this request might produce some results. Good Luck!.

SAangler
G'day r1ctus,

The frames around the 16:9 images are in fact a border so they do not cover the images. I have the images set to scale which may be why they don't look the way you want them to look. The only option is to change the setting to stretch. If you want to do this yourself just send me a PM and I will give you the instructions.

As to why the text will not show up on the buttons. I have no Idea. Are you using windows ?. Could it be a language problem?. I am not that skilled yet. Sorry. I am using XBMC SVN 23592 on Windows. Again I will give you some instructions in PM to change the text for buttons to your own language to see if that works.

SAangler
Star 
I have managed to get a version of this mod working on my xbox's.

See first post for info and download location.

File is called Mod Fanart View v2.0 For Xbox.zip.

SAangler
Any plan to merge with the Trailer View Mod?
tarkun Wrote:Any plan to merge with the Trailer View Mod?

I think if you read the first post again it already is Wink
nemulate Wrote:I think if you read the first post again it already is Wink
Probably I'm missing something evident, but I can't notice this statement:-)

I mean integration with the mod described in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59131, which basically does the same thing but in a different library view

Correct me if I'm blowing my mind
Hi saangler!

Great work with the mods. Love the fanart trailer view. Tried the latest rapier for xbox mod 2.0. Cant seem to get the buttons in the info window to work. i see them and hear clicks when i move up and down but nothing works. only pressing select or start on control pad closes window. Using xmbc xbox build 23718 from http://www.sshcs.com.

Hope you can show me how to fix it. I really want the trailer view on the xbox.

PC Version works sweet.

Keep up the good work!!
Wamphyr1 Wrote:Hi saangler!

Great work with the mods. Love the fanart trailer view. Tried the latest rapier for xbox mod 2.0. Cant seem to get the buttons in the info window to work. i see them and hear clicks when i move up and down but nothing works. only pressing select or start on control pad closes window. Using xmbc xbox build 23718 from http://www.sshcs.com.

Hope you can show me how to fix it. I really want the trailer view on the xbox.

PC Version works sweet.

Keep up the good work!!
As I mentioned in the first post this mod is memory hungry. The first 2 mods I made for playing Trailers in a window located here. Both have Xbox versions to download. They both work very well on the Xbox in the Wrap Info view.

The main problem with the Fanart View is that it uses more memory than the Wrap Info View before we even apply the mod to it. Because it displays more movie thumbs along the bottom of the screen and has to resize each of the thumbs.

Even though I am using SVN 23592 on the Xbox and have this mod working it only likes to play nice with a small amount of movies loaded. A fresh reboot. Etc. In other words it is memory hungry. As I stated in my first post.

I will continue to work on it. I may have to change it somewhat to make it run better on the xbox. I have been doing this stuff for about 2 weeks now and have so much to learn.

SAangler
Thks SAangler!

Didnt mean to come across as demanding. I also use xbox's as media extender and wanted to try it out and let you know if it had problems or not. 2 weeks and you have done all this, wish i had your dedication and intellect.

Will Try the other mods for the xbox.

Thks again and keep up the awesome work!!
Wamphyr1 Wrote:Thks SAangler!

Didnt mean to come across as demanding. I also use xbox's as media extender and wanted to try it out and let you know if it had problems or not. 2 weeks and you have done all this, wish i had your dedication and intellect.

Will Try the other mods for the xbox.

Thks again and keep up the awesome work!!
Thanks Wamphyr1,

You didn't come across as demanding at all. Just hard to explain things sometimes in words if you know what I mean. Anyway, thank you for the support. Trying to keep things alive for the xbox is my goal. They still do such a great job for such an old unit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Fanart View v2.00