[ALL] Directory-specific Settings
Just something that crossed my mind the other day.

Any ideas on integrating specific settings for media contained in a directory? Like .htaccess overrides default-settings for a directory in Apache. This would allow for different video-settings for Recorded TV-Shows (Zooming, Gamma, Volume, etc) then for Movies, DVDs or Internet-Streams.

I for myself find myself having to do the same things using the Overlay-Menu each time I either want to watch something my PVR recorded (Gamma, Zoom) or watch an Internet-Stream (Volume). However, I do not want to change my default-settings as they are perfect for my Movies and DVDs. Using something to change default-settings on a directory-basis would allow me to setup everything once and just enjoy my XBMC-Experience without having to change something everytime I want to watch an Episode of Dr. Who (just to give an example).

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on this.
uhrr, we should remember setting per folder unless you have ticked that off.
Not really. It remembers things like Folder-View, Sorting and stuff like that. But no Volume, Gamma or other things I change (while watching an episode).
To be honest, this is unlikely to be done, as I doubt it effects many users.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I would find it useful. A couple of scenarios:

1. I recently downloaded a few seasons of a TV Show where the black levels where all messed up. Had to drop the brightness back on every ep when starting.

2. Subtitles. I'd like subtitles automatically played for foreign films, but not for english films/tv shows.

3. Probably could not be a directory specific setting anyway, but I'd like analog audio for all my movies (FLAC over analog) and spdif for everything else.

4. I personally would not do this, but I imagine a lot of people would zoom/stretch 4:3 and 2.35:1 content to fill their 16x9 screen.

Of course, I probably don't represent the majority of users, I just think it wuold add greatly to the flexibility of xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] Directory-specific Settings0