XBMC in WD TV Live!
Hi! I started this thread to ask if its possible to develope XBMC to work in WD TV Live.

This new player from WD has the chip Sigma 8655 and Sigma claims that this chip can handle Android from Google! See here!

They claim this also:

Optimized graphics powered by
a custom 2D graphics library

3D graphics based on the
OpenGL ES 1.0 specification
(hardware acceleration optional)

I think that XBMC needs 3D graphic aceleration, right?

Since WD TV Live has 512 megas ROM and 512 megas RAM, do you think its possible for XBMC to work with this device?

Looking foward for your feedback!

Thx!

Wink

P.S.

I hope I created this thread in the correct place.
If you had of looked at the first stickied topic in the forum you posted this in you would have found your answer! (specifically the second post)

link to thread
Thx! I saw that post after writing this! ( I'm new in this forum Smile )

Sorry... the mods can delete this thread or block it!

Wink
garvani Wrote:If you had of looked at the first stickied topic in the forum you posted this in you would have found your answer! (specifically the second post)

link to thread
Actually there is WIP for opengl es implementation for ARM devices
nikiiv Wrote:Actually there is WIP for opengl es implementation for ARM devices

So do you think there is a possibility in near future?
afrsa Wrote:So do you think there is a possibility in near future?
Highly doubtful.

afrsa Wrote:Thx! I saw that post after writing this! ( I'm new in this forum Smile )

Sorry... the mods can delete this thread or block it!

Wink

k
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC in WD TV Live!0