• 3(current)
VC-1 playback under vdpau broken?
I only have this VC1 problem with Auto Refresh Rate when it actually HAS TO change to 24Hz. If I set XBMC resolution to @24Hz and auto refresh on, VC1 plays fine.
Hmm - i can second that. My GUI runs at 50hz normally. Running the only VC1 file i have it has to switch to 24hz (which it does, i can see it on the TV) - but then i have this judder and stutter. Eventually xbmc will just segfault after a while.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
opened a ticket, for safety reasons Smile

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7373
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
Hi!

Any news on VC-1?

Thanks,
Patrick
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
pat1975 Wrote:Hi!

Any news on VC-1?

Thanks,
Patrick

svn-ppa #24207 still jitters/corrupts on vdpau when screen switches to 24 HZ(adjust refresh rate) for me.
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
Zeppstar Wrote:svn-ppa #24207 still jitters/corrupts on vdpau when screen switches to 24 HZ(adjust refresh rate) for me.
I found same problem when I updated XBMC to svn 24352.
Same problem here, 24314. Playing x264 mkv's no problem, but with a m2ts uncompressed VC1 rip my cpu goes 100% and got jitter playback.

Have a zotac ion 330, VDPAU.

If needed could post detailed debug info.
fixed in r24363
Thumbs Up 
looks good! Thanks motd2k
I'd just like to confirm that this is now working (for me at least) using svn revision 24387.
Thanks!
I tried upgrading to the latest build today since I have the exact same problems with M2TS VC1 encoded files.

I'm a real Linux noob so maybe someone could help me out here.

I tried "apt-get upgrade" to upgrade xbmc but it sait some upgraded could not be performed. I found a solution online and it was to run "aptitude dist-upgrade". I confirmed several questions but after a reboot xbmc was gone and I could only login to Gnome session.

I tried reinstalling xbmc with "apt-get instal xbmc xbmc-standalone" but I got the following error:

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-common (= 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-common (= 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
xbmc@xbmc:~$

How can I get xbmc back?!?
Add the following to your sources:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/jaunty-ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/jaunty-ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Get the key:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 9317790E

Then install XBMC again: sudo apt-get install xbmc
Thanks I got XBMC back! But now I have version r24283 (nov 5) and still jumpy playback with M2TS VC1 files.

This isn't the latest build right? And why did I had to remove SVN source? Do I use stable build now instead then?
KoosG Wrote:Thanks I got XBMC back! But now I have version r24283 (nov 5) and still jumpy playback with M2TS VC1 files.

This isn't the latest build right? And why did I had to remove SVN source? Do I use stable build now instead then?

It was fixed in r24363
motd2k Wrote:It was fixed in r24363

Confirmed!
Awesome, thank you very much motd2k! Cool
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VC-1 playback under vdpau broken?0