• 4(current)
VC-1 playback under vdpau broken?
motd2k Wrote:It was fixed in r24363

And how would I install r24363?? When I use apt-get update and apt-get upgrade no further updates are installed.
KoosG Wrote:And how would I install r24363?? When I use apt-get update and apt-get upgrade no further updates are installed.

I'm not getting this update either when I try to update.
Just wait for the latest release. As far as i'm aware we don't provide SVN PPAs during the release cycle.
I'm still testing, but seems that for me it's still broken (r24442).

I'm using an m2ts VC-1 file (blu-ray rip). If I open a small one (~5 GB) plays but my cpu goes 100% and playback is jumpy.
If I open the main movie file (~35 GB) it doesn't even show up, xbmc starts eating ram and finally crash.

Had no problems with pre r23000 versions.

Nvidia drivers 190.42-r2.
I can not acknowledge this. VC-1 runs perfect for now.
Tried it with different tracks (all mkv, on is m2ts).

But found another HD-VDPAU-issue: mpeg2 does not run :-)
But this is for another thread...
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
motd2k Wrote:Just wait for the latest release. As far as i'm aware we don't provide SVN PPAs during the release cycle.

motd2k, are there any plans to update to the latest external libraries?
pat1975 Wrote:I can not acknowledge this. VC-1 runs perfect for now.

Hey pat1975, you wanted to say this without "not" I guess RolleyesRofl
@olympia:

No..

snake111 Wrote:I'm still testing, but seems that for me it's still broken (r24442).

I can NOT acknowledge, that it is still broken... No :-)
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
I'm confused Huh

Fixed... yes or no?!!?
Hehe, for me: It IS fixed!
pat1975 Wrote:I can NOT acknowledge, that it is still broken... No :-)

pat1975 Wrote:Hehe, for me: It IS fixed!

I am confused too... lolCool
Which one is correct?

To be serious:
I can confirm VC1 is ok now, I assume for pat1975 too.

But he has an issue with his "Resident Evil", which is a different problem, as it is not VC1, that's why an other topic opened for this.

Then we have Madonna... Laugh
olympia Wrote:I am confused too... lolCool
Which one is correct?

To be serious:
I can confirm VC1 is ok now, I assume for pat1975 too.

But he has an issue with his "Resident Evil", which is a different problem, as it is not VC1, that's why an other topic opened for this.

Then we have Madonna... Laugh

It's solved! I changed setting for "automatically change refresh rate", change resolution in XBMC to 1920x1080@24Hz., played the movies files and they worked fine now. Changed everything back and it stayed that way! M2TS files work fine now.

Only thing I noticed is that DVD's won't play anymore! I can play VOB files but unable to play VIDEO_TS folders. When I select play nothing happens...
Sorry for the confusion. I finished my tests and seems that my problem was not VC-1 related.

I moved the m2ts file to another media and plays fine, the problem seems to be that my usb hd was almost full and for "unknown reason" that didn't let the m2ts file play smooth.

Now everything plays well.

Sorry again Blush
I still have sometimes playback problems with Auto Refresh Rate and VDPAU when I play VC1 coded 1080p 23,976fps videos (.mkv, .wmv..). Usually these videos plays fine, but sometimes I got jumpy playback. It looks like people do 3 steps forward, then 1 back. Usually I must stop and start video one to three times to get rid of this jumpy playback.If I set XBMC resolution to @24Hz and auto refresh on, VC1 plays fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

XBMC 9.11 RC1
Ubuntu 9.04.
Nvidia GeForce 9300 (integraded in Asus P5N7A-VM mobo)
Nvidia Driver 190.42
Hi!

Sorry for "re-warming" this old thread. But since some time, the issues are back again :-(

I have two xbmc-htpcs:

1) Zotac ION ITX-A / Ubuntu 9.04 / XBMC r28275 / NVIDIA 195.36.15
(Installed manually)
2) Zotac ION ITX-B / Ubuntu 9.10 / XBMC r28275 / NVIDIA 195.36.15 (Installed via xci.sh-script)

Both have the same old stuttering with VC-1 coded 1080p-films.
It's gone when I disable the refresh-rate-option.

Someone here with the same problem? (Examples: Iron Man, Password:Swordfish)

Thanks,
Patrick
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VC-1 playback under vdpau broken?0