XBMC on MacMini Questions
Hey guys, lonnnnnng time reader (since xbox days) first time poster (just realized i didn't have an account). long time mac and windows user.

quick question for you guys. i'm debating a purchase of a mac mini soon, as my windows htpc died. got a couple of questions

1) with the current specs of mac mini's, how does xbmc run on them? 1080p rips ok? etc?

2) xbmc vs plex vs boxee? which one do you prefer? pros/cons?

3) any other thoughts?
1 yes
2 xbmc (boxee is cak, Plex does not seem to be moving unless you like the constant stream of American pluggins)
3 Mini is a cool device and can be used for lots of things.

just ordered my mini. thanks a bunch! Big Grin
Yea, well waited. I like the look of the server model, a lot.
So with the new specs I can FINALLY ditch my e6600 processor HTPC for a Mac mini? The only thing keeping me from switching to a Mac mini was the fact that everyone kept saying that the older specs wasn't good enough to run 1080P (95% of my content is 1080) without stutter and would probably stutter with some of the newer interfaces like the new AEON etc... If this new specced Mini will run both 1080P content and the new interfaces, then I'm sold! What ya guys think?
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote
mrt2 Wrote:So with the new specs I can FINALLY ditch my e6600 processor HTPC for a Mac mini? The only thing keeping me from switching to a Mac mini was the fact that everyone kept saying that the older specs wasn't good enough to run 1080P (95% of my content is 1080) without stutter and would probably stutter with some of the newer interfaces like the new AEON etc... If this new specced Mini will run both 1080P content and the new interfaces, then I'm sold! What ya guys think?

there are two new mac minis. one with a 2,26 and another with 2,53 Ghz core 2 duo.

does the 2,2 ghz fit for the 1080p content?

i also think about upgrading to a mac mini.
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
Not sure, but that's what I'm trying to find out... Also you can upgrade the Mac Mini to the 2.66GHZ speed which would be what I'm looking at.
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on MacMini Questions0