XBMC using cached playlist entry - where is it?
I have a music playlist that is currently not playing correctly in XBMC. Here are the first few lines of the playlist:

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:214,AC/DC - T.N.T.
Singles\ACDC - T.N.T..mp3

When I try to play the playlist, I see these log messages:

Code:
19:54:15 M: 36048896   DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <D:\Music\Singles\ACDC - T.N.T..mp3> using cache
19:54:15 M: 36069376   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <D:\Music\Singles\ACDC - T.N.T..mp3>

The filename in the log messages is not the filename in the playlist, so XBMC is pulling a playlist entry from a stale cache, but where is this cache? I've tried deleting everything under UserData that looks related, and nothing has helped. Rebooting my XBOX also does not help. Where can I find this cache?

Also, how come the cache isn't being updated? If the modified time of the playlist is newer than the cache entry, the cache entry should be updated; clearly that's not happening.
Did the playlist used to have D:\ listed in it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Did the playlist used to have D:\ listed in it?

Yes it did, but that was incorrect, and I have since fixed the playlist to use relative pathnames, as shown in my post above.
Right, and where is the playlist located that you are playing?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

The playlist is located in a CIFS share on a server on the network.
And that's where you are playing it from? i.e. that's what you are clicking on in XBMC?

Yes, I'm navigating to the CIFS share, then hitting the Play button on the playlist.
Ok, and what, if anything, do you have in advancedsettings.xml ?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Post a full debug log in that case.

http://pastebin.com/m7832797d
Uggh, I just figured out the problem, and it's not XBMC-related. A separate networking issue (which I won't go into here) was causing the playlist to not be properly updated on my CIFS share, which means XBMC was really doing the right thing. Sorry for the hassle.
No problem, glad you got it sorted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC using cached playlist entry - where is it?0