Install Themes AppleTV?
Question 
I looked around and only get 1 result about installing themes that didnt go into detail.

Im just trying to figure out (cause Im not all that techsavy) how to install some of the themes I see on the site.

Is it possible? Is there a walkthrough or something I can try?

Thanks
You need to install cyberduck on your mac then log into he appletv from cyberduck.

The theme remains in its folder so inside will be folders called 'media' '720' 'fonts' etc.
These go into library>application support>XBMC>Themes
garyi Wrote:You need to install cyberduck on your mac then log into he appletv from cyberduck.

The theme remains in its folder so inside will be folders called 'media' '720' 'fonts' etc.
These go into library>application support>XBMC>Themes

how do I install cyberduck... the only thing I have used is putty to access the boxee xml file to delete it.

Sorry Im REALLY new to this.

Thanks
If you have scp activated on the ATV then you can simply do the following:

Code:
scp -r SKIN-FOLDER-NAME frontrow@appletv:~/Library/Application\\\ Support/XBMC/skin

A few items of note:

0 When prompted for a password for this 'secure copy' its the normal frontrow users password and that would be frontrow

1 SKIN-FOLDER-NAME is exactly what it says it is and when you open the terminal app on your machine you will need to change driectory (cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/skin) before the command will work. (this is assuming you have the same skin installed on the machine you are working from.

1a: So if you just downloaded the skin and uncompresses the zip file (or whatever) and have a folder sitting in your download folder then you'd simply need to change directory to: cd ~/Downloads and then use the command I listed above.

2 __MOST__IMPORTANT__ notice in the command I put in the code block above... You will see .....~/Library/Application\\\ Support/XBMC/skin. Those THREE \ (backslashes are NOT a mistake... crazy rules about spaces ... ah! Too messy to explain but TRUST ME you NEED ALL THREE BACKSLASHES for the scp command to work. (not just 1 like you're probably accustom to seeing).

Final note: Pay close attention to the -r in the command its very important and if it's not present the copying of a directory (and all of its subdirectories) will fail.

Hope this helps!
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"
DaveGee Wrote:If you have ...Hope this helps!

Thanks

I now have a new theme Smile
DaveGee Wrote:If you have scp activated on the ATV then you can simply do the following:

Code:
scp -r SKIN-FOLDER-NAME frontrow@appletv:~/Library/Application\\\ Support/XBMC/skin

A few items of note:

0 When prompted for a password for this 'secure copy' its the normal frontrow users password and that would be frontrow

1 SKIN-FOLDER-NAME is exactly what it says it is and when you open the terminal app on your machine you will need to change driectory (cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/skin) before the command will work. (this is assuming you have the same skin installed on the machine you are working from.

1a: So if you just downloaded the skin and uncompresses the zip file (or whatever) and have a folder sitting in your download folder then you'd simply need to change directory to: cd ~/Downloads and then use the command I listed above.

2 __MOST__IMPORTANT__ notice in the command I put in the code block above... You will see .....~/Library/Application\\\ Support/XBMC/skin. Those THREE \ (backslashes are NOT a mistake... crazy rules about spaces ... ah! Too messy to explain but TRUST ME you NEED ALL THREE BACKSLASHES for the scp command to work. (not just 1 like you're probably accustom to seeing).

Final note: Pay close attention to the -r in the command its very important and if it's not present the copying of a directory (and all of its subdirectories) will fail.

Hope this helps!

This is the closest tutorial I've seen on now to install a skin from OSX - but I'm still a bit fuzzy on specifics.

I have downloaded Back-Row and it is now folder in my Downloads Folder. Location -
Mac Mini/Users/Home(my name)/Downloads/Back-Row
(in this case I think Home is considered my ROOT directory?)

SO - if I go into terminal and type/paste this - will it do the job?

Code:
scp -r Downloads/Back-Row frontrow@appletv:~/Library/Application\\\ Support/XBMC/skin

I just installed XBMC 9.11 and Boxee Alpha via patchstick on an ATV 3.0.1 a couple of days ago - and have wireless network playing working great...it's great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Themes AppleTV?0