Keymap Question.
Question 
I just have a quick question on XBMC keymapping capabilities. I searched the wiki and briefly on the boards and even looked through ButtonTranslator.cpp, but couldn't find an answer.

Is it possible to map a character, such as 's' to a different key (such as '7' or '8')? Or more specifically, a keymap that would bring up the shutdown dialog on various skins.

My problem is that I have a Adesso ARC-1100 cheap remote, and unless a breakthrough has been discovered, it basically runs as a keyboard and limits me to using the arrow keys, enter, backspace, and the numeric values. I'd like to accomplish this using only XBMC's keymapping (don't want to use EventGhost or Intelliremote...) if possible.

I attempted to map 'PowerOff' to a key, but that didn't seem to work (unless i had a typo somewhere along the way)

Thanks,
TMc
Essentially then you'd remap keyboard.xml keymap. And yes, that should work just fine.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Essentially then you'd remap keyboard.xml keymap. And yes, that should work just fine.

I placed the following in my keymaps/keyboard.xml:
Code:
<seven>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</seven>

and it's working like a charm. Thanks.
I use the Adesso remote as well; it was cheap and kind of does the job haha. Anyways, is there a way to set a mouse click to pull up the info dialog? The remote has a button with an "i" on it however the only function it serves is a right mouse click.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Question.0