[ATV] svn23718 exit status 5
crash to frontrow

xbmc log http://pastebin.com/mdbfaa2a

crash reporter log http://pastebin.com/m32e466ae

maybe something in the thumbnail generator?

edit: disabling thumbnail generation seems to avoid the crash
Crash log is from Finder, not XBMC, so isn't much use I'm afraid. Log does suggest it's a problem generating a thumb as you indicate.

Is it reproducible? i.e. can you get it to crash on demand by enabling the thumbloader and going into the dexter folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Crash log is from Finder, not XBMC [...]

crash logs seem to get appended (last one starts @line 4995), but at least I can't read anything out of it: Thread which crashed is unknown :/

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Yes it was reproducable, disabled thumb generator and no crash, but I already restored to an earlier build.

there should be a few same/similar crashes all in a row in the crash log then as they all happened when I got home and tried to rescan and watch.

I'll check tonites build and see if there is still problem.
jmarshall Wrote:Is it reproducible? i.e. can you get it to crash on demand by enabling the thumbloader and going into the dexter folder?
Happening to me as well, switched off thumb generation fixes it. Seems to be a problem with ffmpeg, has it changed recently?
We need it reproducible. It's very likely one particular file causing it, so isolating that file to a separate folder should cause it to always hang when you enter that folder.

See what is different with that file, perhaps try and take a sample from it and see if it still occurs, and if so, get that file to developers.

Once us devs can reproduce, we can look to fix it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] svn23718 exit status 50