Music Fanart Broken In Rev23739?
I just updated to the latest build made by Kricker, Revision 23739 with the Direct X patch on it. This is running on Windows 7 RTM 32-Bit.

Music Fanart appears to be broken. I have deleted my database and thumbnails and then re-scanned them without effect. I have tried several skins, including the latest Aeon Showmix from Github and PM3.HD. I used to have Fanart displaying at the Artists node in the Music Library, but not anymore.

Can anyone else confirm?
Catchy Signature Here
It's working just fine here in MS_Redux, ofcourse this assumes that they were scanned in.

Have you confirmed that they were in fact scanned (i.e. is Userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart got anything in it?)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

wow, apparently its not finding the fan art during scan in.
Just to confirm, my file layout is like this:
-Root: D:\Music\ (which is what I run a "scan into library" on)
-Example Artist Folder: D:\Music\Example\
-Artist Thumbnail: D:\Music\Example\folder.jpg
-Artist Fanart: D:\Music\Example\fanart.jpg

The artist thumbnails are being found just fine, I have a whole bunch of them cached in Thumbnails\Music\Artists. However, I have NOTHING in Thumbnails\Music\Fanart. Is there any particular reason why these files may be getting missed during scan time? I can confirm its not a permissions issue since the files are on the same local machine XBMC is running on.

Any ideas?
Catchy Signature Here
Thanks, will take a look now.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

np. I also ran into some crashes and problems when attempting to scrape artist and album info with some of the available scrapers. Will get debug logs and then post to Trac ASAP Smile Since I am in the process of generating a standardized set of 500x500 nice-looking cover art for my library, I'd like to submit it to the web and help others. What sites does XBMC get music cover art from?
Catchy Signature Here
r23785 has a fix for Music fanart.

Many thanks. You are the code overlord as usual! Smile
Catchy Signature Here
Just updated to Kricker 23805 DX and now a complete database rebuild results in neither Artist Fanart nore Artist Thumbs being auto-detected. By this I mean that after deleting my library files (without XBMC running), once I scan the above-detailed library in, there are no fanart or artist thumbnail images displayed in the GUI and there are no files cached in Thumbnails\Music\Fanart or Thumbnails\Music\Artists. Can anyone confirm?
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:Just updated to Kricker 23805 DX and now a complete database rebuild results in neither Artist Fanart nore Artist Thumbs being auto-detected. By this I mean that after deleting my library files (without XBMC running), once I scan the above-detailed library in, there are no fanart or artist thumbnail images displayed in the GUI and there are no files cached in Thumbnails\Music\Fanart or Thumbnails\Music\Artists. Can anyone confirm?
I Don't no about 23805dx as i am in the process of downloading 23805gl but i did find that Rev23796-gl would load all my music fanarts and load artist thumbs after a complete reinstall and clean library but had to dump that revision due to other problems. Will let ya know if 23805gl is any better or worseWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
OK, so it appears as though some skins (or at least Aeon ShowMix) cause this problem. I am currently unable to reproduce since Aeon ShowMix is currently totally broken as of Revision 23973. Verified that Music Fanart functionality is restored and currently works in other skins... Now I just need to find a replacement for Aeon ShowMix... Tongue
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:OK, so it appears as though some skins (or at least Aeon ShowMix) cause this problem. I am currently unable to reproduce since Aeon ShowMix is currently totally broken as of Revision 23973. Verified that Music Fanart functionality is restored and currently works in other skins... Now I just need to find a replacement for Aeon ShowMix... Tongue
I just updated to revision 24020dx and the problem is now solved, now i am a happy bunny.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Fanart Broken In Rev23739?0