Rapier Interface
mcgehee44 Wrote:Is there any real benefit at all to having it something besides .iso? ALL of my movies are iso files, seeing as it was the quickest process.
Using handbrake at high profile settings, I can usually get a dvd rip to 500-700mb and maintain dvd quality. Unfortunately, you loose the extra features but I don't care about that.

If you use a good container (like mkv) use can keep all the subtitles and sound tracks you want. (Sound takes more space, though.)
Hi there. since this morning i am using xbmc and the rapier interface and i love it already Smile
but one question. i can't see the file information of a movie (like dvd/divx/dolby etc) here. the strange thing is, when playing a i see the same information here.

does somebody now an explantion for that? thnx!
pimz Wrote:Hi there. since this morning i am using xbmc and the rapier interface and i love it already Smile
but one question. i can't see the file information of a movie (like dvd/divx/dolby etc) here. the strange thing is, when playing a i see the same information here.

does somebody now an explantion for that? thnx!

Your using the original Rapier you need to use one of the modded version like this one.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61126
thnx for your reply... it's confusing, because in the screenshots of the original Rapier the icons are already there... ?
qualar Wrote:Your using the original Rapier you need to use one of the modded version like this one.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61126

That's not true at all. If you're after the Blu-ray, DVD, HD-DVD icons, you'll need to put that in the filename; ie: Batman.Bluray.mkv. If you're after the Divx, Dolby, Resolution icons, you'll need to enable 'Extract Media Information' in the System settings.
Sranshaft Wrote:That's not true at all. If you're after the Blu-ray, DVD, HD-DVD icons, you'll need to put that in the filename; ie: Batman.Bluray.mkv. If you're after the Divx, Dolby, Resolution icons, you'll need to enable 'Extract Media Information' in the System settings.

Sorry I misinterpreted the question. I thought he was talking about the menu type on the playing screen not the icons.
ok cool. so far so good. for all the movies i have the icons, except for the dvd's (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS). the strange thing is, while watching the movie (the dvd) I see the icons... (like here)
pimz Wrote:ok cool. so far so good. for all the movies i have the icons, except for the dvd's (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS). the strange thing is, while watching the movie (the dvd) I see the icons... (like here)

The reason is XBMC cannot extract media info from a VIDEO_TS folder unless it is playing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier Interface0