Rapier Interface
I look at a lot of the screenshots for the rapier skin and I always see the logo's in the bottom right corner of the movie selection screen (Dolby digital, DVD Rip, ect.) Does that have to do with the way you rip the disc or something? None of those Icons show up in my version. If it makes a difference, I just DVD Decrypter and just create ISO files. Thanks.
Maybe you have to use "scene" names:

MyMovie.2009.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-McGehee.mkv
Krieg Wrote:Maybe you have to use "scene" names:

MyMovie.2009.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-McGehee.mkv

No you need to enable media flags in settings.
mcgehee44 Wrote:I look at a lot of the screenshots for the rapier skin and I always see the logo's in the bottom right corner of the movie selection screen (Dolby digital, DVD Rip, ect.) Does that have to do with the way you rip the disc or something? None of those Icons show up in my version. If it makes a difference, I just DVD Decrypter and just create ISO files. Thanks.

XBMC can't extract the metadata from iso files. You have to encode them to containers like avi, mkv, etc. Then go into video settings and turn on 'extract media metadata information'. Once your videos are extracted you should get the flags.

In order to get flags like dvdrip, bluray, hddvd, dvdr5, etc... the filename needs to include the keywords. For example Kung.Fu.Panda.dvdrip.2008.avi
There are some variations for the keywords so its more flexible, although I should make a FAQ to outline them so ppl don't have to guess.

Hope that helps.
That helps a lot. Thanks guys.
Quick question though, How do I encode these files to avi, ect. and how long does it take per movie. My library is well over 300 movies so curious how long the process will take.
to make it into AVI files it takes roughly as about as long as the movie is..
it depends on settings and which program you use to make it go a bit faster or slower..
usually, faster also means lower quality

can't tell you what to use as i am not using Windows
Hmm...

This feature works flawlessly for me with most movies, however some seem to be impossible for xbmc to extract info from. What would it take for xbmc to not be able to read a particular movie? Does it matter if the movies are stacked or not? Actually when looking at it all .avi movies that I have that are stacked (2cds) do not show info. Could this have something to do with it?

Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread. If its not ok ill start my own.

/Birko
@Birkovic: You'd need to say which version of XBMC you're using, show us an error log...I believe one of the newer SVN releases had borked stacking. Something to look into I guess.

@mcgehee44: On Windows, I use Handbrake to convert DVD files to Xvid. The standard movie usually takes about an hour with Xvid as the encoder, 1600-2000 bitrate and 2-pass encoding enabled. This will spit out a movie that's roughly 1.8 GBs and as near DVD quality. You can try the H.264 encoding format but that takes a god awful amount of time and to me, it looks about the same.

Also, I know it's been dropped in the newer release of Handbrake but if you can find an old-ish copy, they have FFMpeg / Xvid. This will cut the converting time of a standard movie to about 30 minutes with near the same quality as the 'official' Xvid encoder. The only thing I've run into is that with FFMpeg encoder, the avi will get a codec ID of DX50 and not Xvid. It's not an issue with the movie, but some XBMC skins fail to remember DX50 in the codec image...I know, end of the world stuff here. Laugh
Is there any real benefit at all to having it something besides .iso? ALL of my movies are iso files, seeing as it was the quickest process.
As you say, XBMC can't extract information from a DVD ISO. However, it can recognise a DVD ISO, so how about adding a DVD flag to the DVD movies, atleast?

Sorry if this is already included, but atleast with me, it doesn't seem to appear. No flags for my DVD ISOs.
mcgehee44 Wrote:Is there any real benefit at all to having it something besides .iso? ALL of my movies are iso files, seeing as it was the quickest process.

Other than having a smaller file size, not really. You could always use Handbrake and set up a bunch to encode at night while you're asleep. That's what I did. I have 1000+ DVD and it's taken a bit of time but it's nearly finished. I can usually get around 7-10 movies done a night...if the wife hasn't turned it off to play Warcraft, that is. Laugh
That sounds like a good idea, I actually Just used MIP to create .nfo files for all of my movies and it helped a bit. I'll prob try handbrake soon though, sounds like the best fix.
If you have DVD iso's and are only interested in the source add 'sddvd' to the iso file name. eg. Harold.And.Kumar.sddvd.iso

It should show the DVD Video media flag.
scarfa Wrote:If you have DVD iso's and are only interested in the source add 'sddvd' to the iso file name. eg. Harold.And.Kumar.sddvd.iso

It should show the DVD Video media flag.

Or do what I did and amend the section that refers to DVDs in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml. Will now read:

<control type="image">
<description>DVD Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/dvd.png</texture>
<fadetime>MediaFlagsCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
<visible>substring(listitem.filename,sddvd) | substring(listitem.filename,.ifo,Right) | substring(listitem.filename,.img,Right) | substring(listitem.filename,.iso,Right) | substring(listitem.filename,.vob,Right) | [[!substring(listitem.filename,hddvd) + !substring(listitem.filename,bluray) + !substring(listitem.filename,sdtv) + !substring(listitem.filename,hdtv) + !substring(listitem.filename,.evo,Right) + !substring(listitem.filename,.m2ts,Right)] + Container.Content(Movies) + [substring(listitem.VideoResolution,SD) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,480) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,540) | substring(listitem.VideoResolution,576)]]</visible>
</control

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier Interface0