[REQUEST] Is there an interest for cross-compiling?
openelec.tv Wrote:Some functions are not implemented yet... but, if i have an working XBMC with sound, i will make an image you and other peoples can try. Maybe i can get a little bit Help from others from here to make the distro stable, better and faster. I hope of a solution for my sound problem the next days, so i can provide the image as fast as possible.

i have upgraded SDL and SDL_mixer to the latest versions, now Sound is working :-) XBMC runs more stable and faster on this distro as under my Fedora 11. Big Grin

Stephan Raue
greetings, Stephan

Sounds great.

Don't mistake the lack of discussion for a lack of interest, there are lots of other things going on right now.

I'd be very interested to play with a disk image.

TheUni
Thumbs Up 
theuni Wrote:Sounds great.

I'd be very interested to play with a disk image.

TheUni

i will make an release very soon, when i have fixed some issues. to take an look at the boot go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=una1mYC3h1E

It boots very fast (i hope i can do this faster) and needs at the moment around 45MB on any flash card or hard disk drive. On the video you cannot see an bootloader ( i use extlinux for this) so i have integrated an ugly welcome message. this message is displayed direct after kernel has booted (around 1 sec.). so you can see if OpenELEC is fast enough for you. OpenELEC starts also an Samba server, ssh server and some services needed for running (udev, hal, dbus, avahi, syslog, networking, hardware detection). For more informations see http://www.openelec.tv (in progress)
greetings, Stephan

Damn thats a fast boot! IMHO I think it would look better without the Welcome message as it boots so fast, is this something you can turn off?

Do you need help resolving bugs? I am keen to help!
Wink 
sparky3387 Wrote:Damn thats a fast boot! IMHO I think it would look better without the Welcome message as it boots so fast, is this something you can turn off?

Do you need help resolving bugs? I am keen to help!

sure i remove the Message later - i have included this only so you can see when the boot start because i have no visible bootloader included in this demo.

Because the config of kernel in this Distro is very limited to actual Intel hardware and i will make an more generic config i need output from "lsmod" and "lspci" from people who is interested at this distro (use pastebin and write an private message to me with the link)
greetings, Stephan

looks awesome!

EDIT1: PM on its way
EDIT2: argh overread the pastebin part.. I included the info in the PM Big Grin
this sounds like an ideal project for ATV, I will try to provide the requested info, but the atv uses an nvidia gpu so maybe it won't work anyway?
TeknoJnky Wrote:this sounds like an ideal project for ATV, I will try to provide the requested info, but the atv uses an nvidia gpu so maybe it won't work anyway?

i use uclibc instead glibc at the moment, so i cannot include non OSS drivers. i can try to include nouveau driver. i will do this the next days. Nod
greetings, Stephan

Question 
Hi all,

now because Camelot is released is there any way to include my patches (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7392)? i have give up support for uclibc in my distribution, so some patches are not needed anymore for me. i will update the needed patches for crosscompiling the next days. i dont know if anyone need support for uclibc, but xbmc works better with glibc/ eglibc. i used my patches now for over 2 months against svn with success, so i think they almost stable.

on my site i have provided some binary development snapshots from my distribution (for Ion and Intel based Hardware). i plan an release for january.
greetings, Stephan

the patches now i have updated.
greetings, Stephan

Smile 
Hi devs,

i have attached a new set of my "cross compiling" patches (without uClibc support) to ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7392 - created and tested with r28910.
please review and let me know if its o.k (it is everytime many many work to adapt the patches if configure.in will be changed).
with this patchset i successfully cross compile XBMC for about over 6 Months. It also helps in the future building with ARM support. At the moment crosscompiling of Python needs more work (i use external Python), but i will add more patches for crosscompiling internal python the next time. Also there is no support to crosscompile XBMCProjectM (needs also more work, actually i have disabled build of XBMCProjectM).
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:Hi devs,

i have attached a new set of my "cross compiling" patches (without uClibc support) to ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7392 - created and tested with r28910.
please review and let me know if its o.k (it is everytime many many work to adapt the patches if configure.in will be changed).
with this patchset i successfully cross compile XBMC for about over 6 Months. It also helps in the future building with ARM support. At the moment crosscompiling of Python needs more work (i use external Python), but i will add more patches for crosscompiling internal python the next time. Also there is no support to crosscompile XBMCProjectM (needs also more work, actually i have disabled build of XBMCProjectM).

Maybe the title should be changed "Patches for crosscompiling and build against uClibc" if these are without uClibc now.
Thumbs Up 
davilla Wrote:Maybe the title should be changed "Patches for crosscompiling and build against uClibc" if these are without uClibc now.

can you do this, that would great. (Also for this thread if its possible).

thanks
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:can you do this, that would great. (Also for this thread if its possible).

thanks

Done.
@openelec.tv, do you have any experience in building codesourcery cross-toolchain as native on Arm platform ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Is there an interest for cross-compiling?0