autoexec.py not being processed (22796)
Somewhere between 23739 and 23796 the autoexec.py file is no longer being loaded. You can see in the log file if it is not present that it checks for it, but if it is present there is no mention in the log file.

Log w/out file present
Log w/file present

Thanks!
-stoli-
Currently we don't log the processing. Your log states the python stuff is initialized (line 174).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I should have provided a little more detail - it is indeed logged, at least in 23739 and ealier: See line 208 where the autoexec.py is actually loaded. In the later builds it is not loading/running the file. In my particular case it loads a playlist, so it's pretty noticeable when it doesn't load. Wink

Pastebin from 23739 when autoexec.py is loaded.

For the record, here's the autoexec.py:

Code:
import nt, xbmc
import time

#Define (Smart XSP) Playlist here
file = 'Q:\\UserData\\playlists\\music\\StartupMusic.xsp'
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.PlayerControl(PartyMode(' + file + '))')
time.sleep(1.5)
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ReplaceWindow(0)')

Thanks,
-stoli-
File is processed fine, but reading the .xsp fails. See line 220.

I am pretty sure paths like Q: were dropped long time ago. Modify the file var to point to a valid xsp location and it "should" work.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I missed that error, but the file does load and the playlist starts, even with the error in that build. I'll update th paths and let you know the results.
-stoli-
vdrfan Wrote:File is processed fine, but reading the .xsp fails. See line 220.

I am pretty sure paths like Q: were dropped long time ago. Modify the file var to point to a valid xsp location and it "should" work.

No go. Updated to real path and is still isn't loaded in builds after 23739.

Pastebin from 23851 when autoexex.py doesn't work
Pastebin from 23729 when autoexec.py works

Current autoexec.py:
Code:
import nt, xbmc
import time

file = 'C:\Users\stoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\StartupMusic.xsp'
time.sleep(1.5)
-stoli-
try

file = 'C:\\Users\\stoli\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\playlists\\music\\StartupMusic.xsp'
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Still nothing after rev 23739....

Code:
import nt, xbmc
import time

file = 'C:\\Users\\stoli\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\playlists\\music\\StartupMusic.xsp'
time.sleep(1.5)
-stoli-
Working fine on XBMC for Linux. I will ask a Windows dev to have a look.
I hate to bump a thread.....but consider it bumped. Rolleyes
-stoli-
I will tell the windows guys again to check this Wink
Thank you!
-stoli-
Tested with a m3u playlist created by XBMC and it works fine with current svn under Windows XP.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just tried on a different workstation (both are win7) with a clean install of xmbc using the pm3 skin and revs 23739 and 23858

Debug 23858 - doesn't load
Debug 23739 - does load

I also tried with a m3u playlist instead of a xsp and had the same result. No matter what I have tried, nothing contained in the autoexec.py gets loaded/executed after build 23739 dx or gl.

Any ideas on what else I could try?

Thanks for your help,
-stoli-
This is really strange as it's designed to log a line in any case. Mind trying a completely fresh installation of XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
autoexec.py not being processed (22796)0