Movie plot not displayed
Hi, anyone know what I am doing wrong, I can't get the movie plot to show up in library mode under the List Info view. I am running this skin on two computers and it's the same issue on both. All other details show up: Genre / Director / Year etc. The 'Hide Plot for Unwatched Items' setting isn't checked. If I right-click on the movie and select 'Movie Information' the plot is there.

This is only a problem in Movies. TV Shops the plot displays fine.

Some info that may or may not be useful.

Running XBMC for Windows 9.04.1 (on Windows7)
Rapier skin v2.0

Anyone come across this problem before?

TIA Big Grin
First, you'll need to get a newer version of XBMC. 9.04.1 is very old. Pick up one of the newer SVN versions. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.
9.04.1 is very old? It is the latest stable release on xbmc.org ..?
Yes, it's the latest 'stable' release but it's far from the latest release and a lot of the features that have been utilized in most, if not all, of the newest skins requires features that were added into XBMC after 9.04.1 was released. I'm using XBMC-Rev23658-GL and it is quite stable.

Read through the thread here. This will show you the newest versions available. I tend to stick to a build a week or so before the latest release. This helps when getting those 'killer bugs'.
cool thanks will give it a try tonight
No worries mate. Hope it helps you out.
Hello
i had the same pb like you Huh , and i have found this solution :

rapier use the <outline> balise in the nfo not <plot> .. before all my nfo had only the <plot> balise and i didn't see anything in the info panel of each film .. i use another scraper to test and i see the difference like that .. now i have both balise : the <plot> and the <outline>

ps : excuse me for my english .. i'm french Wink .. but i hope it resolve your pb !
Ah, well yes...there is always that. Laugh
I updated to the latest build, and though it didn't fix the movie plot problem for me, it did fix a scrolling problem I was having, so thanks. Plus it seems to be smoother all round.

Amras_Alcarin Wrote:Hello
i had the same pb like you Huh , and i have found this solution :

rapier use the <outline> balise in the nfo not <plot> .. before all my nfo had only the <plot> balise and i didn't see anything in the info panel of each film .. i use another scraper to test and i see the difference like that .. now i have both balise : the <plot> and the <outline>

Hey thanks but I'm not sure I fully understand, do I need to be editing a file in the Rapier skin library? (in 'Users' or 'Program Files'?)

EDIT: is it ViewsVideo.xml ?
Quote:Hey thanks but I'm not sure I fully understand, do I need to be editing a file in the Rapier skin library? (in 'Users' or 'Program Files'?)

ok, i'll tried to explain as i can : Nod

i'll use the method of nfo file to build my library so i don't use scrapper inside XBMC ... in my nfo file (it's in the movie directory)

movie directory
..... movie.avi
..... movie.nfo <-------
..... movie.tbn
..... movie-fanart.jpg

I must use the <outline> plot like this example :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>    
<title>La Nuit au musée</title>
<originaltitle>Night at the Museum</originaltitle>
<rating>3.000000</rating>
<year>2006</year>
<top250>0</top250>
<votes>804</votes>
[b]<outline>Le Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle renferme dans ses murs un secret mystérieux et stupéfiant que Larry... blablabla ..</outline>[/b]
<plot>Le Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle renferme dans ses murs un secret mystérieux et stupéfiant que Larry... blablabla ..</plot>
<runtime>1h 48min</runtime>
</movie>

this line appear in the info view in rapier but not those inside the <plot>

or there is an another method .. xbmc connected to internet and use scrapper inside to do the update of the film directly to the library ... but some scrapper don't create the <outline> line !! it was my case.

I hope it help you ... bye Wink
thanks Amras_Alcarin for this - I was able to get it working using some of the info you wrote, but it was quite different what I did. I'll post it in case anyone else has the same issue (it happened to me on two different computers so I'm surprised more people don't have this problem!)

I edited the following file:

C:\Users\(user_profile)\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin\Rapier\720p\ViewsVideo.xml

and under the section

Quote:<include name="MoviesListInfoView">
<control type="group">
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideMoviesListInfoPlot)</visible>

I changed the bold part to just "ListItem.Plot" (removed the word Outline)

and again further down

Quote:<label>$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</label>

removed the word Outline again.

And lo and behold, it worked!

Don't ask me how, I know next to nothing about this sort of stuff, but couldn't have done it without the info posted above.

Cheers! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie plot not displayed0