Xbox games from SMB Share?
Hey all,

Still new to the forum, this may have already been asked...but a search didn't find anything.

Quick and easy, can I run Xbox games from my PC's SMB Shared folders? I'm guessing not because that would be a huge tax on resources. But, then again it may act the same as reading from the DVD Drive.

I played with the concept for a while but couldn't get the games to start. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
cant be done. cant remember the exact reasons but i no theres some limitation.
rudeboyx Wrote:cant be done. cant remember the exact reasons but i no theres some limitation.
Yup it's impossible to do i tried a few years back, I gave up after trying for day's with no success.Oo
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
"Not Impossible...Impassible."

Bummer. I'm guessing it's because games aren't linear in nature such as DVD movies are. Games pull from all over the disc what is needed for gameplay. That's what I was hoping would happen here, the network would provide what's needed.

I also have a 20GB External USB Drive...can I load the games on to it and play them from that directly connected to the Xbox?
not unless its fatx formatted and connected directly into the IDE channel.

My tip is to purchase a 500GB IDE HDD and replace the standard one in the xbox. then load it up with xbox games / emulators etc.
Yea, I seem to have great luck with Xbox and HD's (Note the massive amounts of Sarcasm in my voice). I have tried a 200GB Maxtor, 160GB WD, 80GB something or other. Nothing I have tried wants to play nice in the Xbox. All have locking issues. I know there are certain drives that are more compatible than others...but I just don't want to put any cash into this project right now. I'll just upload them one at a time. Thanks for the ideas though!
Please take this to a site better suited for the discussion, such as Xbox scene
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox games from SMB Share?0