Stable build with Media Flagging?
Hi all, I apologize for my ignorance in advance... I am a n00b.

I have been searching these forums for hours, and I can't find what I want. So I am hoping to get some questions answered by you guys!

1) The current stable version does not come with the option to scan video files for flagging (which is odd)... I installed the latest svn from xbmcsvn.com and now there is the option, however XBMC crashes the second I try to access my movies and TV Shows... I can't even see if the media flagging is working! I assume it's the problem with this svn build... how can I fix this? Is there another svn build that will do what I want it to do?

2) Is there a way for XBMC to create thumbnails for movies and TV Shows? Once I get this working, I would like to have thumbs generated for my entire library, but I fear this will be a Plex situation and have to make my own and put them in each movie folder (ouch)... is it an automated or manual process?

3) Is there a dumbed down version to getting my Harmony to work with it? I looked at the sticky, but I don't know how to key map Sad

I appreciate any help on these mattersSmile

In case it matters, I run my software in a Mac Mini, Mac OS X.
both Plex and XBMC get thumbnails automagically..

to do this you follow these steps..
go into videos and create a new source, select the folder you want to add
then you have to "set the content" and select if it is a TV or Movie folder and select the scraper you want to use, usually, default settings are good

however, there has been some downtime on one of those servers, so that might have caused the thumbnails not showing up

first time use is a bit confusing, as "just" setting the folder is not enough.. at the same time every skin displays the screens different to add to the confusion..

for a good working nightly build, go here.. http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/ and click on "build".. select the OSX version.. remember, these are development builds and might not even work.. but the latest i grabbed from there (build 23807) does work nicely both on iMac and MacMini
Found a way to grab older builds Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):
I hear you on the Harmony settings! Took me ages to get it working. I think because most of the information is so old. I started messing with keymaps and wasn't getting anywhere then found a newer thread (somewhere, can't remember where I saw it now!) that mentioned changes in the maps and using the extended buttons that the ATV can learn in later versions. I've recently acquired a 525 and it's now working nicely Smile

Basically what you do is add a DVD player device to your Harmony that you don't have, I picked some arbitrary Toshiba DVD player in the configuration software. (You can, equally, take an old remote you don't use any more and train in the useful buttons).

All you need to then do is go to the ATV and under the Apple menus, under Settings->General, teach it the new remote and teach it the additional keys. If you then restart XBMC and leave the Remote Type as Standard, it'll work fine with the extra buttons.

If there's a better way / way to get more buttons functional please do share as it's still a long-hold on the Menu button to get up the context menu and other presses are less than intuitive.
thumbnail generation should be fixed in http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23859
ooh.. i took the lazy way with the Harmony remote Shocked
i have selected as company "Apple" and then typed Mac Mini and it comes up with the Apple remote.. so now XBMC thinks i am using an Apple Remote
it's just all up/down/left/right and ok what it does but that's why there is also a bluetooth keyboard around somewhere

work out of the box Wink
I got the Harmony working beautifully! It is really worth it to get it dialed in...it works like a regular remote vs. the limited functionality of the apple remote.

I also have XBMC set up now with several skins, and I am really enjoying it Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stable build with Media Flagging?0