[AppleTV] Request for a best settings sticky
I have had mixed feelings on the AppleTV and its ability to run XBMC smoothly, but after purchasing a dedicated NAS device, I am giving it another go, and want to see if I can get it right.

I know from his posts that Davilla for instance is running several of them at his place, so there have to be some combination of settings and skins that work better than others and that people are happy with. And hence that is my goal for this thread, I'd like to capture the XBMC community's AppleTV suggestions into a single place.

What I'm hoping the end product will be is a reference for someone who is brand new to the AppleTV/XBMC world to find info on what skins work best with the ATV's limited horsepower, what XBMC settings should be enabled/disabled, what video encoding settings lead to good playback on the device. And finally, links to the great threads on the forum, that a user should read if they want to go deeper into customizing their box.

I understand that choices like the skin to run are subjective, but what is less subjective is whether or not the ATV can handle the skin. Like Aeon is beautiful, but when I first tried running it on the ATV for myself, it seemed like all the fanart and images where too much for the box to handle, same with MediaStreams coverflow view mode.

So please, post your recommendations, put up a link to the threads you think are best and that no ATV user should be without reading. And I'll work to compile all this info into a good format. Hopefully the information will be valuable enough, that it can be made a sticky and other ATV users on this forum will have a starting off point to really enjoy XBMC on their ATV's right from the start.

-Frank

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Request for a best settings sticky0