Artists names in Music Database
Sad 
My MP3 collection is organized such that artists with a "The" in their name are added at the end. For example, "The Beatles" => "Beatles, The". This tag is in both the artist tag and the album artist tag.

I also do this for artist's names. That is, "Bob Dylan" => "Dylan, Bob". Again, this tag is in both the artist tag and the album artist tag.

Yet when I scan in my music to XBMC, I see "The Beatles" and "Beatles, The"

Why is this and is there a fix for this issue. I am NOT interested in retagging 30 gigs worth of music files.

I am running XBMC 9.04 on the orginal xbox with a 500 GB hard drive, which is where all of my music is stored.

Thanks in advance.
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:
Are you SURE every last one of your tags is 'Beatles, The' ? and not a single one is 'The Beatles' ?

Are you seeing the same song from The Beatles appear under Beatles, The too? or different songs for each? (I suspect the latter)
XBMC does not invent tags. I would put money on the fact that you have "The Beatles" somwhere in your tags.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
no no no. didn't you read. he's not willing to change his tags! you obviously need to adapt your answer to his requirements.

i'm sure some random code that incidentially does string.Replace("Beatles, The","The Beatles"); snuck in. grep at will!
re-tagging 30gb of music files is nothing. id accumulated over 80gb before i decided to re-tag everything to scan correctly into xbmc. try useing "Tagtuner 2.0" you can batch ajust entire directories. just select the beatles folder and make your artist ajustment and it will scan down through all folders in your beatles directory for mp3 files and ajust all your artist tags to match. great for tagging your entire genre folders aswell.
Solution found....

Use a black felt tip on your flat panel screen to erase the word 'The'.

Before you ask "and what if I scroll?".... I have a solution for that too...
Felt tip the word 'The' in it's new location too.

There is one other solution.
Reconsider all that you BELIEVE to be true. XBMC is a damn fine finder of human error.
WOW! Seems I hit a bit of a nerve with some people.Shocked

My apologies - I didn't mean to step on any toes.Wink

I LOVE XBMC, and I hope that it will continue going strong for a long time.

I will re-check the files and let you know how it goes.

I will check out TagTuner 2.0 if I have to.

Unfortunately, I can't afford a flat panel screen, but if I did have one, I don't think I would be defacing it with black marker...
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artists names in Music Database0