• 9(current)
severe judder in vdpau
have you tried setting sync video to display? Huh
pilluli Wrote:- Sync to vblank must be set to NO in the opengl preferences (make sure is opengl no xwindows)
Where is this setting?

pilluli Wrote:- Also option "noflip" must be set to "true" in the device section in xorg.conf (many thanks tedh for the hint).
I went back and read where tedh recommended this. He told you to put it under the "Screen" section, but you're saying to put it in the "Device" section. Which is it? I tried both (and also set the FlatPanelProperties setting you're recommending), but I still have judder.

FYI, I've got a single-core Acer Revo w/1GB of RAM (GPU memory allocation 256MB).
pilluli Wrote:
  • There is a delay (not much, but around 0-100ms) between audio/video. Some video files show this and some don't. I am still trying to find a common format for the ones with problems. Before (using software rendering) I already had this problem but it was consistent for all videos (see ticket #5755). However right now with vdpau it seems more "random", both in the videos suffering it and the delay itself. Just like mlmc is saying in the previous post...

I think I'm getting this too.

Edit: Nope, just a bad encode. Serves me right for trying to play borderlands at the same time while I encoded it.
pilluli Wrote:have you tried setting sync video to display? Huh
Yes, this is set to ON with resample audio at the moment. I tried all settings but it didnt change.

I'm giving up on this, wasted enough time I think... :S

Anyways, thanks a lot for trying to help.
Hey All,

Just wanted to thank you for the thread, I had inadvertently upgraded to the latest version of XBMC and was getting really bad judder...but no dropped frames! The addition to the xorg.conf seemed to fix most issues, and updating to a newer version of the NVIDIA driver as well.

Thanks, this is why XBMC forums rock!

-D
Scott R Wrote:Where is this setting?

I went back and read where tedh recommended this. He told you to put it under the "Screen" section, but you're saying to put it in the "Device" section. Which is it?

i put i under device section and it works
I recently upgraded to XBMC 9.11: Alpha1 and began experiencing some judder during playback. Today after reading this thread, I added the following to the "screen" section of my xorg.conf

Code:
Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
    Option "NoFlip" "True"
    Option "FlatPanelProperies"  "Scaling = Native"

Now, I also upgraded to XBMC 9.11: Alpha2. However, after some testing I think my judder problem is gone.

Sorry, not very scientific, but hopefully will help.
toiva Wrote:i put i under device section and it works

Both are OK.
Ooookidoki, something's not right.

I did a test with Transformers_Outro.mkv posted few comments back. Content is 24Hz, display is 24Hz (reported by TV), native resolution. When I play the sample, severe judder may be seen around 8sec. of the sample. Now - when I set "adjust refresh rate" to off _AND_ "sync playback to display" to off, judder disappears. Leaving any of those two options on - judder again.

Platform is ION, NVidia drivers 190.42 X.org 1.6.4

I tried fiddling with various nvidia settings mentioned in this thread - no change. Also, mplayer plays the content smoothly (both with VDPAU and CoreAVC codec).
Is it just one jerk or does it keep juddering?
It's one big "jump".
Yeah, that's to be expected, the renderer gets reconfigured because the video codec didn't tell us the correct fps, I wouldn't worry about it.
Can I join the Judder Club too ? Rolleyes

I have been testing everything you guy's wrote, some option's just made the Juddering worse and some less. But I can't get rid of it Oo
When the camera is hanging still and there is a big object moving, then I can see it really clear.
A guy wrote a in some post that removing the clock applet in ubuntu dekstop,
it did the trick for me so far, havent had any judder.

and by removing i mean just "hide" it from the upper bar.

its worth a test.
TSlackM Wrote:A guy wrote a in some post that removing the clock applet in ubuntu dekstop,
it did the trick for me so far, havent had any judder.

and by removing i mean just "hide" it from the upper bar.

its worth a test.
Hmm I'm running xbmc straight from X, without any window manager and I still have judder.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
severe judder in vdpau0