Netflix/Hulu Streaming: Best Option?
Hi,

Sorry for the newb post, but I've searched for info on this and all I find are gargantuan 20 page long threads. My question is:

What is the best way to get Netflix and Hulu streaming on XBMC?

Is there a plugin? Should I use PlayOn? Should I switch to Boxee for this task? Will Netflix require Windows, or can I also do it on Linux? Thanks for any info.

Jonah
Jonah Wrote:Hi,

Sorry for the newb post, but I've searched for info on this and all I find are gargantuan 20 page long threads. My question is:

What is the best way to get Netflix and Hulu streaming on XBMC?

Is there a plugin? Should I use PlayOn? Should I switch to Boxee for this task? Will Netflix require Windows, or can I also do it on Linux? Thanks for any info.

Jonah

There are no plugins for XBMC atm, but hulu + netflix with PlayOn is a working choice (via upnp client). Tversity also plays hulu and is free.
But tobe honest until some specialized plugins come out this all is barely "working" and far away from being comfortable.
I personally use hulu desktop directly and if needed play neflix from my xbox, since only via xbox u get access to the HD content, also the new netflix xbox player is nicer than any other way i tried before.

The only real alternative is boxee on MAC, since it plays hulu and netflix just fine and with a nice layout. Don't ask my why netflix is working only on MAC and not on Windows/Linux atm. For linux this will probably never happen because of DRM + Silverlight issues.

So playon or xbox + hulu desktop or boxee are your choices atm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix/Hulu Streaming: Best Option?0