How to exclude movies from IMDB lookup
I have a MOVIES folder which stores all our movies, and the imdb is correctly working as the scraper.

However, for a few titles, I dont want imdb to try and find titles/ and thumbs etc. For example, I have a file called Home Movie.ISO, and in library mode it is showing up as as 2001 film called HOME MOVIE. If I go into information and choose REFRESH and manually choose a name, it still ends up assigning some name of a movie from the imdb.

Can anyone advise how I can manually force xbmc to give a movie a name?
If you have an nfo file along side the video file, then it will read the nfo file and not do an imdb lookup. You can use one of the many media managers to generate it. I prefer Ember. I have several movies that don't exist on imdb I just enter the info manually.

Best to have each video in a separate directory thoug.

If you export your video library you will have nfo files along side each of your video files.
Brilliant answer, thank you for that. Problem solved!
another option would be to put those in a sub folder, set the properties of that folder to no be included in the library. that gives you a folder you can just drop stuff in without having to worry about creating an nfo and you have the option of still pushing them manually into the library with whatever information you want to show up. (which is how i would do it myself)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to exclude movies from IMDB lookup0