Documentaries: Movie or TV?
I'm having huge problems trying to get anything in my documentary directory to become part of the library.

Which are they- movie or tv show?

And while I'm at it, where would I *find* music videos to play them in 'party mode'? I've not seen any for years. Wink
Depends on if they were released as a tv documentary or a movie. Quick lookup on tvdb or tmdb will tell you how to set the content. Majority of mine are tv, but a few are listed as movies.

I'm sure if you had a look on some of the more popular torrent sites you will find plenty of music videos.
I had a similar problem. Some documentaries are listed on imdb, some on tvdb and some not at all. Most are easy to scan, such as No Reservations, Time Team etc, as they have their own pages on tvdb. Pop each in their own folder, label accordingly and scrape away. However it was the other documentaries that were giving me a headache as I was ending up with some listed in movies and some in tv whilst many couldn't be scraped. It became messy when ideally I wanted all the random docs in the same folder.

What I have done is create a folder and I manually add each documentary in with it's own nfo file. For example I have, 1x01 - Hawker Hurricane: A Pilot's View, 1x02 - The Last Fighting Tommy, and so on. It is a little bit time consuming but I have a template nfo file that I add in the title of the documentary and a brief description. I also add in a tbn (I use the xbox which doesn't auto-generate thumbs). It will probably take me about three minutes to do this but it's worth it. Now all my random documentaries are neatly grouped together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Documentaries: Movie or TV?0