• 1(current)
ASUS Eee Box EB1501 (+ alternative 1501 models EB1501U and EB1501P) discussion thread
Information 
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?content...tKZ9hHhda2

Just wonder what peoples thoughts are on using Linux XBMC on a ASUS EB1501? It looks like it should fit the bill, is there anything I'm overlooking?

Cheers.
Should just work as every other ION based product.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hello everyone,

this is my first thread here (I just registered today), I bring you this new machine from Asus, from what I Know it was out at 22 October. Take a look and tell me what you think about it.

Asus EeeBox PC EB1501

Sorry for my english, I am from Portugal.
Its a bit pricey at $529 compared to the 329 Asrock
This is the more interesting one price-wise.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/16/acers...o-america/

At $330, similar price the to Asrock, with a nicer form-factor. Wish you could buy it without Windows 7 for cheaper.
i bought this little thing and everything is working out of the box, vdpau and all... the only thing i can't get to work is the remote, which is a philips 0471:206c... i followed the instructions here to add it to the mceusb module under lirc, adapted to ubuntu of course, but have no signal from irw nor from mode2 yet... has anybody the same hardware and made it work somehow?
thanks
succo Wrote:i bought this little thing and everything is working out of the box, vdpau and all... the only thing i can't get to work is the remote, which is a philips 0471:206c... i followed the instructions here to add it to the mceusb module under lirc, adapted to ubuntu of course, but have no signal from irw nor from mode2 yet... has anybody the same hardware and made it work somehow?
thanks

Thinking of buying this myself, how quiet is it?
as far as i can see, completely silent, without any optical disk inserted... i can hear something when accessing the dvd drive
thanks - I've ordered one.

Most people seem to think it's pretty silent, lets hope it's less noisy than the whiney Asrock ION330 i had to send back recently
ok, i seem to have solved it by setting lirc to use devinput and setting the right things in Lircmap.xml, but some buttons do not seem to send any signal, namely the 'color' ones, teletext, eee, images, videos and music while * and # seem to send a combination of presses
did anyone have the same troubles?
I ordered one, too. As it has a heatpipe and only one fan i hope it is more silent then the asrock ion 330. Will report here then!
Thumbs Up 
@furchtlos

I just bought one and I also own one of the newer ASrock ION 330 Models and I can definitly tell you that for your living and especially for you sleeping room the asus is the much better choice. When I sit on my couch I couldn't say if it is running or not. ASUS ROCKS ONCE MORE Big Grin Will sell my ASrock and buy another 1501
Mine arrives tomorrow, will report on it then,
Doemer Wrote:@furchtlos

I just bought one and I also own one of the newer ASrock ION 330 Models and I can definitly tell you that for your living and especially for you sleeping room the asus is the much better choice. When I sit on my couch I couldn't say if it is running or not. ASUS ROCKS ONCE MORE Big Grin Will sell my ASrock and buy another 1501

Nice! Can't wait it is here Wink The ASrock is nice, too but i can hear that mini-fan inside and it is a very ugly noice, not like the deep sound of a ps3 or something else that is loud too.
btw. is there any new way in getting xbmc to work perfect on windows 7? Or it it still recommended/needed to use linux?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS Eee Box EB1501 (+ alternative 1501 models EB1501U and EB1501P) discussion thread0