launching xbmc through ssh console?
Ive done some searches and have had no luck finding an answer, so i figured id post.

My battery died in my remote and now all i have is my ipod touch with xbmc remote on it. Can i log in through putty and launch xbmc through ssh? if so, can i get a rundown?

thanks=)
realityengine Wrote:Ive done some searches and have had no luck finding an answer, so i figured id post.

My battery died in my remote and now all i have is my ipod touch with xbmc remote on it. Can i log in through putty and launch xbmc through ssh? if so, can i get a rundown?

thanks=)

I am assuming you are on ATV.

Quote:/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC -fs

I haven't tested as I am not at home

you might need to do:

Quote:/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC\ -fs

Zeljko
unlikely=) im determined to figure this out.. but probably not right away since its almost 6 am hahaha. No movies for me until i do, unless i wanna watch em on my laptop=)
realityengine Wrote:unlikely=) im determined to figure this out.. but probably not right away since its almost 6 am hahaha. No movies for me until i do, unless i wanna watch em on my laptop=)

can you VNC in to your ATV? Have you installed nitoTV? can you plug the keyboard or a mouse into it?

other option would be to set it to boot directly to XBMC http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=391288, but you still need remote to enable it under settings menu.
Does "open" not exist on ATV?

Whatever the path is for XBMC, just type

open /Path/to/XBMC.app
jayhawk785 Wrote:Does "open" not exist on ATV?

Whatever the path is for XBMC, just type

open /Path/to/XBMC.app

that's what I was missing... Nod, I am not sure if it exists, I will check when I get home.

Quote:open /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC -fs
open is indeed available for AppleTV.

Since you have an iPhone and assuming you have VNC, you might try
http://www.touchpadpro.com/
as an addition to the XBMC remote. It provides Keyboard/Mouse via the iPhone to the ATV OS.
AppleTV 3.0.2, iMac 10.6.2, Launcher 3.2.4, (AppleTV Installed with Launcher), SVN: XBMC 9.11 (R26018).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
launching xbmc through ssh console?0