AC-3 5.1 audio issues?
smurfturf Wrote:My Launcher Downloads only has 9.04.1 and 9.11 (RC1) and a version of boxee. I have putty installed. I am not very good at ssh command line, but I can follow instructions well if that is an option.

9.04.1 is perfect, use that one and see if you get sound
Amet Wrote:9.04.1 is perfect, use that one and see if you get sound

I don't. I can get sound if I change it to analog, but the down side is that the audio is out of sync with the video. If I do 5.1 the audio and video are fine on my system that works. Sorry I was thinking of trying this file http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project....10bf1.dmg
What do you think?
smurfturf Wrote:I don't. I can get sound if I change it to analog, but the down side is that the audio is out of sync with the video. If I do 5.1 the audio and video are fine on my system that works. Sorry I was thinking of trying this file http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project....10bf1.dmg
What do you think?

download it, copy it over to ATV and ssh in to it ,

in putty issue following:

Quote: sudo -S hdiutil attach XBMC_for_Mac-8.10bf1.dmg

cp -r /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC.app /Users/frontrow/Applications/

sudo -S hdiutil detach /Volumes/XBMC
Hello. First post here..

I just met XBMC last sunday, and boy am I amazed at it. It's simply almost-perfect!
And the almost has to do with my experience...

I have an iMac, bought a couple of months ago, 21,5", snow leopard, intel mac. I have the Aeon skin installed it in my XBMC.
The thing iswhat people mentioned here.

Everything plays fine, but all my 5.1 movies/tvshows can't reproduce audio. It just gives an horrible sound like a machine gun or something and that's it.

As many have said I know it's not a hardware related issue as the same movies play from the same disk in the same computer (only that not in XBMC) so it has got to be something with this marvellous program!

I know you will need the logs to study it, but before that, is this such a strange happening that you have never faced before in any mac? Or do you need the logs to have a solution personalised for each case?

anyway, I'll try to do what you said and try to find a solution. Otherwise... I'll have to say goodbye to XBMC and I don't want that at all.

Thanks for your help in advance!
you have enabled passthrough. you apparently can't do passthrough. set your audio output to analog.
OK. Thanks. And that's in XBMC settings, not on iMac settings, correct?
yes.
This looks like my problem too. When on my 3.0.2 ATV i enable digital audio, and enable digital audio in XBMC r28256 with broadcom hd r26 (i have the card installed) I get no AC3 5.1 sound from a DVD image ripped to ISO with AnyDVD. DTS is working flawless, and my digital receiver actually states: "Dolby Digital 3/2" in its screen. When i turn everything to analog, audio works...

I have reinstalled launcher 324 twice now, and reverted back to factory defaults and reinstalled the whole thing...no audio on digital passthrough.

My hardware setup: ATV with digital toslink -> digital receiver (Sony) capable of AC3, DTS, AAC. ATV -> HDMI -> Samsung LCD TV 50", 1080p max res, XBMC is set to 720p. Audio is set to digital. TV is doing helicopter sound when sound on XBMC is set to digital, but that is known behavior. I just would like to have 5.1 AC3 Sound...

Will produce a xbmc log tomorrow morning early. Have to feed toddler now :-)
Thanks. My problem's solved now!

cheers,
Mine hasn't... :-( Is there any news on this? As in:

Please tell me which one of the below it is
- This is a bug, you cannot have ac3 5.1 surround sound with appletv, there is something wrong, we are working on it.
- You have something not working that is working in test or development environments, so must be something specific to your setup (versions etc) ac3 5.1 digital out should work out of the box with appletv
- This is a known issue with 28256, or with broadcom hd r26 driver, or with the specific version of something nitotv has installed.

? Thanks guys, i really hope to get clarity on this situation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC-3 5.1 audio issues?1