audio delay when displaying subtitles
I've noticed, that for recent SVN builds (includind today's build) for Karmic Ubuntu I've got audio delay when playing video with subtitles from file.

Disabling displaying subtitles make audio sync again to video stream, enabling subtitles make audio delay some time from video.

added: it looks like the same problem as in this topic -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=subtitles
after reading that topic I'm thinking, that it is no audio sync problem, but mayby FPS problem with video playback?

anybody have the same issue, any thoughts?
First of all - thank you for answers Wink

Normally I'm running MB with IGM HD4200 and for that hardware I've got this issue: no mater what format I have subtitles and no mater is movie is SD/HD. Also I doubt its performance issue, becouse on my hardware playing 1080p MKV I've got 70% on one core, 20% on second.

Few days ago I've putted spare NVIDIA 9400GT card into my HTPC and I've do some testing - it seems, that no mater if I use VDPUA or not, for NVIDIA card subtitles are dispalying without any impact on video FPS.

So it's look like ATI driver issue - I'm sure that it was OK some time ago, but unfortunetly I'm not used to watch movies with subtitles, so I discover that problem when my wife complains about some tvshow she's watching
MB Gigabyte MA785GM-U2SH, VGA GeForce 9400, CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250, RAM 2GB Geil Green 800Mhz, HDD Samsung F2 500GB, OS Ubuntu x64 Karmic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio delay when displaying subtitles0