IR fixed for 10.6
Thanks to the good people at iospirit (makers of Remote Buddy), IR under 10.6 has been restored.

Go to http://www.iospirit.com/blog/ and install Candelair. This will enabled IR control to function correctly under 10.6 and life will be good again.
Hey,

I installed Candelair and upgraded to SVN 24000.
Previously, I disabled RemoteUI.plist and BezelServices which worked fine
except that I couldn't use the function keys on the keyboard anymore.
All buttons of my Harmony 555 (configured as a Plex device) started XBMC
if it wasn't already launched. Inside XBMC, all buttons worked as configured.

Now, all buttons inside XBMC still work, even with RemoteUI.plist and BezelServices enabled again, but I can't launch XBMC with my Harmony anymore. The direction keys don't even work for iTunes if XBMC isn't started (next track etc). So now I have to manually start XBMC and then I can use my Harmony remote to control it. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this?

I tried all remote functions to start XBMC (even PowerToggle) and I also made sure that XBMChelper is running.
hanzoh Wrote:Hey,

Now, all buttons inside XBMC still work, even with RemoteUI.plist and BezelServices enabled again, but I can't launch XBMC with my Harmony anymore. The direction keys don't even work for iTunes if XBMC isn't started (next track etc). So now I have to manually start XBMC and then I can use my Harmony remote to control it. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this?

[...]

Sorry, think I switched back to Menu_Hold to start XBMC (like Apple does with Frontrow). Does that work?

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:Sorry, think I switched back to Menu_Hold to start XBMC (like Apple does with Frontrow). Does that work?

cheers,
mdd

I tried holding Guide, Info, Exit and Menu; unfortunately nothing happens.
hanzoh Wrote:I tried holding Guide, Info, Exit and Menu; unfortunately nothing happens.

hm, seems to work here. Mind running XBMCHelper from console and post the output here?

Code:
$(PATH_TO_HELPER)/XBMCHelper -vm --appPath /Applications/XBMC.app
-v enables verbose mode
-m enables harmony support
--appPath says which XBMC to launch

Here's what I get:
Code:
tools/osx/XBMCHelper -vm --appPath /Applications/XBMC.app/
2009-10-25 18:09:33.479 XBMCHelper[83618:903] XBMCHelper 0.6 starting up...
2009-10-25 18:09:33.508 XBMCHelper[83618:903] [DEBUG] -[XBMCHelper init]
2009-10-25 18:09:33.583 XBMCHelper[83618:903] [DEBUG] Driver has started successfully.
2009-10-25 18:09:33.585 XBMCHelper[83618:903] [DEBUG] Driver has found 1 remotes.
2009-10-25 18:09:33.586 XBMCHelper[83618:903] [DEBUG] objc_object* -[XBMCClientWrapper initWithMode:serverAddress:port:verbose:](XBMCClientWrapper*, objc_selector*, eRemoteMode, NSString*, int, bool)
2009-10-25 18:09:33.587 XBMCHelper[83618:903] [DEBUG] XBMCClientWrapperImpl::XBMCClientWrapperImpl(eRemoteMode, const std::string&, int, bool)
2009-10-25 18:09:33.587 XBMCHelper[83618:903] XBMCClientWrapperImpl started in multiremote mode sending to address localhost, port 9777
2009-10-25 18:09:38.691 XBMCHelper[83618:903] Received button 'Menu (hold)' press event
2009-10-25 18:09:38.828 XBMCHelper[83618:903] XBMCClientWrapperImpl::sendButton sending button 8 down:2 up:0
2009-10-25 18:09:38.830 XBMCHelper[83618:903] Received button 'Menu (hold)' release event

and XBMC launches

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Hm, strange, now it works!

I quit XBMCHelper, started it manually like you said, and holding MENU started XBMC.

Again, tried it with the automatically launched XBMCHelper, and it works again.

Guess I didn't press it long enough before?!

Thanks for your help and great work on implementing the new IR driver.

Although, I'm wondering why iospirit released it so soon to the release of 10.6.2 which COULD fix the problem by itself. If so, will XBMC adjusted again to use Apple's IR driver instead?
davilla Wrote:Thanks to the good people at iospirit (makers of Remote Buddy), IR under 10.6 has been restored.
Makes me glad to have a license for RemoteBuddy even though I don't use it anymore, those guys are great.
MaestroDD Wrote:Sorry, think I switched back to Menu_Hold to start XBMC (like Apple does with Frontrow).
Sigh... just when I thought everything was working nicely you broke my Harmony remote startup sequence which used to use press menu to start XBMC! Any chance on making it configurable Smile Or is there another way to start XBMC using a Harmony remote?
hanzoh Wrote:[...]
Although, I'm wondering why iospirit released it so soon to the release of 10.6.2 which COULD fix the problem by itself. If so, will XBMC adjusted again to use Apple's IR driver instead?

If it's not fixed in 10.6.2, we need to update XBMCHelper. It uses the Candelair driver only on 10.6 and 10.6.1.

Weavus Wrote:Sigh... just when I thought everything was working nicely you broke my Harmony remote startup sequence which used to use press menu to start XBMC! Any chance on making it configurable Smile Or is there another way to start XBMC using a Harmony remote?

sorry about that :/
Currently it's only Menu_Hold that launches the app. Making in configurable might be an option. Any chance to change the startup sequence?

cheers,
mdd

Yeah, I just noticed this too. The PlexPlayer in Harmony sends an "PowerToggle" to start XBMC I believe. That one is broken now.
sandman4sure Wrote:Yeah, I just noticed this too. The PlexPlayer in Harmony sends an "PowerToggle" to start XBMC I believe. That one is broken now.

sorry, fixed in r24099

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR fixed for 10.60