[WIP] PoxBox - a NMT PoxBox skin replica for XBMC
I've been following the fiasco of the Popbox release this past week. I really like the UI, and had planned on getting one, but it seems that almost all sold are being returned. Anyway, I started work on an XBMC skin based on the Popbox UI, and I'm about two weeks out from a pre-alpha test release. Here are some screens from XBMC (fully working sections).

I plan to keep the skin as light as possible, with nice transitions, etc, but no large BG fanart and other things that would slow it down on an Acer Revo.
looks nice, looking forward to it being in the addon repo.
It's good to see a skin near completion and released as you like it rather than "design by committee".

There's plus points to showing an early mockup and getting a hundred people chipping ideas in, but 9 times out of 10 you just end of with everyone's favorite bits from other skins.

I'd like to see more skins made how the designer wants them. I think its one of the reasons DJH's Aeon and Auriga skins were so good. He knew what HE wanted and built them to his design.
Thanks very much guys. I would like to post videos of the skin in action as it progresses. Are there any good (free) programs to do this?
dgm1960 Wrote:Thanks very much guys. I would like to post videos of the skin in action as it progresses. Are there any good (free) programs to do this?

http://camstudio.org/

I've used it in the past and it worked just fine.
Thanks very much, Compcentral. I'll give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PoxBox - a NMT PoxBox skin replica for XBMC0