[concept] skinner wanted for Simply Functional Skin
nice, clean and refreshing! Wink
This is a nice idea. I'm looking for a good skin to start working on and I think this is the one. I will have a look I can begin working on the homescreen this evening. When you have some ideas about some good views I will hear from you.
first post has been updated with new screens!
I'm with mavgink! "Refreshing" is the word that comes to mind with me as well. Great work so far!
It's not my cup of tea being honest, and in some respects your design looks a bit too much like Fusion Genisis

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72612

Especially the top menu's.

I personally would not use this skin, but obviously some other people might.

Again personally, I think you may find it hard to find a coder for this skin, all the best coders are in new projects, and I do not think that the skin grabs a coder that much to want to spend time on it.

Sorry for an honest point of view, but better to be cruel than kind sometimes.

Regards

Mark
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Everyone has an opinion. I respect your opinion. It's a bit arrogant to expect all comments to be positive, so thank you for bringing a different opinion. I hope I'll be able to find a coder, but I agree that most of the best coders are already working on projects. Here's to hoping.
Don't let Taunton dissuade you. I've yet to see him post anything productive other than arrogant and obnoxious comments. There are many out there who lack the talent/skills to actually create anything, and so take pleasure in acting as critics. Your response to him shows class.
please keep this thread on topic: Skin Development :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Nice idea. "Refreshing" really is the most fitting word. I personally think that the blue overlay at the bottom of the album covers is a bit too much but that's my personal opinion and I'm sure it can be tweaked if necessary.

@Mark: Have you every taken a look at Rapier (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65889)? Looks like Fusion got the idea for the menu from them. But wait then again the Rapier menu looks just like the Wordpress skin used on the XBMC website. Now who stole from whom? In my opinion it is almost impossible nowadays to create a skin that is completely different from any other skin. E.g. every wall view looks (in some way) the same because the basic idea of the view is the same. No need to discuss who "stole" what from where.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I honestly dont see the resemblance between this and Fusion, sure they both have a breadcrumb system, but so to many other skins. Keep it up, it definitely has a style of its own.

Montellese Wrote:@Mark: Have you every taken a look at Rapier (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65889)? Looks like Fusion got the idea for the menu from them. But wait then again the Rapier menu looks just like the Wordpress skin used on the XBMC website. Now who stole from whom? In my opinion it is almost impossible nowadays to create a skin that is completely different from any other skin. E.g. every wall view looks (in some way) the same because the basic idea of the view is the same. No need to discuss who "stole" what from where.

Well....technically I created the initial design for Rapier, back when it was called Reverence Rofl ; but you're right, the inspiration for my breadcrumbs did come from other sources.

Which is exactly what I said from the beginning, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with drawing inspiration from other designs. Not every design can be groundbreaking; sometimes its the incremental designs that build upon previous ones that are really polished and usable.
We all do it Laugh.... look to the description of confluence...

Quote:<description>Confluence is the default skin for XBMC 9.11 and above. It is a combination of concepts from many popular skins, and attempts to embrace and integrate their good ideas into a skin that should be easy for first time XBMC users to understand and use.</description>
dgm1960 Wrote:Don't let Taunton dissuade you. I've yet to see him post anything productive other than arrogant and obnoxious comments. There are many out there who lack the talent/skills to actually create anything, and so take pleasure in acting as critics. Your response to him shows class.

I hope that he does prove me wrong, but sadly most people could produce an idea but nothing comes out of it.

It would be a great venture with someone who has the time to learn how to code, but for the top pro skinners, I am being honest I do not think that they would go into partnership with this skin.

The bar on skinning is becoming more and more competive now that the XBox has finally been cast aside, and newer more modern computers are being used, or will have to be used.

I do not have a top of the range TV, but I know I will need one eventually to get the best out of XBMC.

Fair shout to the guy for taking the time to do mock ups, and anyone else for trying to help the XBMC community, whether they are newbies or pro's alike.

As for arrogant and obnoxious, you missed out good looking with it Wink
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Honestly, I do this all for fun. I put mockups together that I would love to use. I know that the chance of this becoming a released, fully working skin is very slim, but this is how I make a small contribution to the community. If someone gets an inspiration from something I post and uses it in their own skin that does get released, then I am satisfied. I truthfully hope this becomes more than just mockups and I have been in talks with a few different skinners, so maybe we will see this thing in our skin list in the future. Until then, I'll keep doing mockups for this design and posting them as they are finished. Until then, can we just keep this to comments about the topic at hand please. Whether they are positive or negative makes no difference to me. I take every comment and use it as inspiration to what will become Euphoria. So one small request. If your comment is positive or negative, please be specific about what you do or do not like. That will be very helpful. Thanks to all who care one way or another about this design. I look forward to putting more of it out here for you all to see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[concept] skinner wanted for Simply Functional Skin0