• 8(current)
Noir... A Concept
Thanks for your comments. Problem is the only movie view Ayala posted is a fanart view, but you got me thinking on a compromise between the single DVD cover and the need to see other DVD cases in your collection while browsing. I will post shots when I get this worked out. Also, I hadn't noticed the very slight glow behind the DVD case in Ayala's shots. This I will add also, as well as a DVD disc in the lower left corner. I think this cleaner view would also work well in the music section. Thanks again!
Coming along very nicely! Have you any ideas about revamping the home screen?

I loved Phyeks concept here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post325925
Thank you very much, Jtap06. That home concept does look great. Following up on what Matt1697 said, I've reworked the DVD and CD views to be more in line with Ayala's shots. The fanart and DVD "deck" dim to almost black after 4 seconds of idle. I also removed the rounded corners and pulsating highlight. A bit more work on transition animations and I'll have a vid up on youtube.

Looks like you are doing a great job at making this come to life. It is good to see people take on these concepts. Keep up the good work.

-One suggestion would be to not put the flags directly on the fanart image. Remember they are all different colors and can often blind out the flags. I think there is plenty of spots to dedicate as a flag area.
ho my god !

has the development started ? good news!
ekim232 Wrote:Looks like you are doing a great job at making this come to life. It is good to see people take on these concepts. Keep up the good work.

-One suggestion would be to not put the flags directly on the fanart image. Remember they are all different colors and can often blind out the flags. I think there is plenty of spots to dedicate as a flag area.

You can put a black bar (slightly opaque) at the bottom and put the flags over it, so it always has a contrast.
Any News?
Anyone still trying this?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Anyone still trying this?

I am in the same boat I was in, The guy that was supposed to help me bailed on me so I am left with it 75% done. I need music, pictures, and the OSDs to be done. I have finished the home screen, Movies, TV, etc.
cool, good to know

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:cool, good to know

Not really, I am at a stand still. Confused
have you ever heard about these things called git and subversion?? its really cool! you can use it so everyone who wants to can help you out. and those who just want to try it can do that too! great huh
ventech Wrote:have you ever heard about these things called git and subversion?? its really cool! you can use it so everyone who wants to can help you out. and those who just want to try it can do that too! great huh

Actually Noir is hosted on GIT and thanks for the sarcastic response. I dont want everyone chewing it up before its finished and you my friend seem like the type that would.
There will always be people who don't like certain skins, sadly there will always be one negative or flippant comment.

The skin itself is looking pretty good from the screenshots, and it would be interesting to try it out when finished.

I am not a massive fan of simpleness myself, but some skins suit better categories rather than others.

I use one skin for Movies, another skin for TV Shows, another skin for music, another for adult movies, and another skin for family movies.

So you will never ever have a 100% perfect skin, so you should never take heart to any negative comments, just mutter a few bad words under your breath and never take constructive criticism to heart, and too learn from that.

The main thing really is that you are doing a skin in your image, and what turns you on, so in respects if 1,000 people do not like your skin, and you are more than happy using your skin on your setup.

Sod the rest, at least you have the set up that you dreamed about and built, and that is far more important.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
igotdvds Wrote:I am in the same boat I was in, The guy that was supposed to help me bailed on me so I am left with it 75% done. I need music, pictures, and the OSDs to be done. I have finished the home screen, Movies, TV, etc.

It seems to be that you've already done the most of it.
Could you give a detailed list of things which have to be done..
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noir... A Concept0