• 3(current)
Noir... A Concept
Arcanthur Wrote:Good job with this mockup, yes you can diffuse the fanart as that's what we do with Xperience. It does work quite well to unify the design.

thanks! Wink is xperience available? or are there any screenshots of how fanart looks? i'd like to see!

TheSwede1970 Wrote:Truly amazing work, hope you have the time and get some skilled coders onboard to make this a reality.

Coder I have... time, that i have to make! Big Grin
Xperience is not available yet, sometime in 2010 we'll release it officially. You can fine tons of pics and info HERE
Best episode listing I have ever seen! I would really like to see it in action!
Yup, this is extremely nice looking. Any plans on how you will manage the code side of things?
Catchy Signature Here
Ayala Wrote:and a few more...

I'm loving the wall view!

Some suggestions for/if you end up coding it:
1) Option to vary how much the other titles are dimmed
2) Vertical orientation in addition to horizontal (movies read alot better left to right, instead of up to down)

Consider me a fan.
Great work (as ever) Emilio.

Hope you find the time to complete the design and it does get picked up and coded at some point. Big Grin

If I had more time then I'd volunteer to help out but time is something I really don't have at the moment. Sad

The TV views look fantastic
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Very good work! I would translate that into French when that will go out. Please think of the translators by allowing in particular to translate the main menu.
What a sexy concept! Those colors and layout add a very dandy feeling to xbmc, which i think it deserves.

Imho, Noir seems to be the perfect combination between Aeon and Alaska Rolleyes
I have to admit, this is a very nice design and concept. I do hope this gets picked up by a team of developers as its a very nice concept, similiar to Alaska based upon the screenshots provided.
Does anyone else think this feels a lot like Alaska? The colours are pretty and all and the home screen is different then Alaska but it feels familiar to me I guess.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Does anyone else think this feels a lot like Alaska? The colours are pretty and all and the home screen is different then Alaska but it feels familiar to me I guess.

It definitely does and I can see the similiarities or this being suggested like an Alaska-MOD.

I definitely love the TV view and hope some ppl can make this into a reality Nod
Well, before ppl start recalling a certain episode where another skinner tried to pass djh's work as his own, as I mentioned before these were mocked up quite a while back even before Alaska. In fact, mediastream was developed after some of my work and I had the pleasure of contributing to aeon as well. I shared these with dj back when I first created them, so if they inspired bits of Alaska then I'm honored, I truly admire djh as a visionary.

Furthermore, if my work resembles something you are familiar with then consider it complimentary rather than thievery. This entire community is built on copying, modifying and recreating, and if I can help that along or be inspired by another persons work, to in turn help my vision along, then i think only good can come from that. I'll be the first to say that Xephyr made a huge impact on me as a "skinner". I remember thinking up all these ideas about how I wanted my skin to function, without knowledge of what was capable at the time and Xephyr touched on a few of those so well.

So with that being said, if what's implied is that I credit others for inspiring me, then consider it done. My only goal, since way back in the "Fluid" days as this is where it really all began (if you care to go back that far). is to create a skin that truly satisfies my needs, and I don't mind sharing that here.
Ayala no offense mate. Was simply stating how familiar it felt, I am not one to judge as Xperience is (now loosely) designed after the NXE dashboard. Although the only thing remaining really of the initial design is the home screen, I completely understand what you are saying. Hopefully this skin will actually be released and in a full working status.
I think the Alaska feeling is simply from the fact that the fanart is similarly diffused, otherwise there's some unique ideas there especially the TV view.
I am in love with this tv view ...

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noir... A Concept0