Speeding up Aeon on Asrock 330?
I have an Asrock 330 and I installed Aeon Stark and Aeon65.

Both skins run nicely, but I seem to miss some of the snappyness. I tried Auriga Lite, but it seems it is no longer under development, and it has some glitches here on linux svs 22528.

Therefore I'd like to start with one of the versions that is still being updated, and see if it can be tweaked.

-Can anyone recommend a version or mod to start with from a performance point of view?

-Are there tweaks possible (like disabling weather, animations, last added scripts etc etc) and will they matter?

-Will resizing backdrops matter?

-My Asrock 330 only has 2Gb currently. If I knew 4 GB matters I'd add it straight away but reactions are mixed.

If I had the time I'd try out all versions and spend evenings trying everyting, but I simply don't have that much time. I don't mind trying and posting feedback here but I'd like a push in the right direction or some feedback if it makes sense at all, or if it simply won't matter.
mmm... do 4gb speed up the skin/skins?
Use BMP's rather than JPG or PNG's for all posters, fanart, icons etc. Much larger filesizes but its much quicker to decode/load the images in the skin which should lead to snappier performance.
Thanks. Can I also change skin backrops to bmp without messing them up?
Yup. I'd also consider trying Alaska as its much lighter on the textures for the skin.
kees667 Wrote:-My Asrock 330 only has 2Gb currently. If I knew 4 GB matters I'd add it straight away but reactions are mixed.

I doubt the extra RAM will make much of a difference - I have 2 gigs in mine and I don't think I've ever seen free RAM go below a gig while browsing around the skin

As Weavus said, using uncompressed BMPs for the backdrops definitely makes a difference

Also, mine lags on the weather screen if i have RSS scrolling and enable Hitchers 'animated weather icons' but otherwise runs pretty smooth
only BMP for the backdrops (fanart)
all ha have to do is rename all and rescan?
kees667 Wrote:I have an Asrock 330 and I installed Aeon Stark and Aeon65.

Both skins run nicely, but I seem to miss some of the snappyness. I tried Auriga Lite, but it seems it is no longer under development, and it has some glitches here on linux svs 22528.

Therefore I'd like to start with one of the versions that is still being updated, and see if it can be tweaked.

-Can anyone recommend a version or mod to start with from a performance point of view?

-Are there tweaks possible (like disabling weather, animations, last added scripts etc etc) and will they matter?

-Will resizing backdrops matter?

-My Asrock 330 only has 2Gb currently. If I knew 4 GB matters I'd add it straight away but reactions are mixed.

If I had the time I'd try out all versions and spend evenings trying everyting, but I simply don't have that much time. I don't mind trying and posting feedback here but I'd like a push in the right direction or some feedback if it makes sense at all, or if it simply won't matter.

I tried Aeon 65 on my CD2 system, and it isn't a good performance. You should try Aeon Hitched with the latest SVN (DX build). I have very good performance with this combination on my current system, and hope to have that as well on the Asrock (which I get this week). I also use BMP's in the homescreen. For movies/tvshows it's just the default JPG stuff, which works fine.
I have resized all homescreen backdrops to 960x540 (from top of my mind - its a default dimension in media info plus as well). I noticed movie fanart works better in that resolution as well, and with a hd ready tv I won't see the difference. I still have to convert to BMP later on.

Skin runs better already. Also tried Alaska but couldn't get used to the views yet. Do like the looks though ;-)

[update] Just saved all backdrops to bmp, deleted the png files but the skin definitely doesn't like that. Guess I can manually choose these backdrops, but converting these files is not an option.

Dannydeman Wrote:I tried Aeon 65 on my CD2 system, and it isn't a good performance. You should try Aeon Hitched with the latest SVN (DX build). I have very good performance with this combination on my current system, and hope to have that as well on the Asrock (which I get this week). I also use BMP's in the homescreen. For movies/tvshows it's just the default JPG stuff, which works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speeding up Aeon on Asrock 330?0