Change fanart for TV shows?
is there a way to do this? I've looked around the settings and cannot find a way to change the fanart for tv shows. Thanks.
This may not be the "official" way, but here's what works for me...

In the folder of the show you want, example: "House", put in the JPG picture you want as the fanart, and make sure it's file name is "fanart.jpg" (no quotes of course)

If the cached version of the previous fanart you were using is still being used, you can always try to "Clear Cache" from the System Menu.

Something that i also do that might be useful for you, is on my PC, i have a "master" version of all the TV show folders that i regularly use. I've created these with the help of a GREAT utility called "Media Companion". (it's free and easy to find. Google is your friend.)

In each of these folders i have:
- 2 or 3 fanart JPGs (named fanart.jpg, fanart2.jpg, and fanart3.jpg)
- A tvshow.nfo file that holds all the summary, actor, etc stuff about the show (i got this from Media Companion)
- Several season0X.jpg picture/icon files that i can use to assign to season folders (for stuff like my "Family Guy" season folders that i never get sick of watching over and over)
- A folder.jpg file which is the ICON version for the tv show

So, whenever i add a new show folder i like, i'll just ftp the folder with all its JPG/NFO files over to my Xbox's "Video" directory (did i mention i'm using an Xbox?), and then i fill it with the appropriate video files.

Also, (sorry you asked yet?), if you select the tv show folder and then enter it's sub-menu (for queuing and assigning content, etc) you have the option to choose the "thumbnail" for the show in the "Information" section. By default, XBMC will use whatever fanart.jpg file is in the folder, but (i believe) you can overwrite your cached version of this image by reassigning the "thumbnail" to one of the other fanart.jpg files you've got in there. (Sometimes when i try using a new skin, it doesn't like my fanart JPG for some reason or other. So, i "manually" reassign it's thumbnail to create a new cached version that my new skin is happy with.)

I hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change fanart for TV shows?0