advancedsettings.xml not working
Hi all, I created an advanced settings.xml nothing has changed! I open XBMC, and everything I wanted to change has not.

Here is what I put in it:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <musiclibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
  </musiclibrary>
  <videolibrary>
    <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Can anyone help me out? Did I format it wrong? I appreciate any help! Nerd

EDIT: If it helps, I put the file in my Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata folder in my Mac OS X where it should go...
I love my Mac Mini :;):
bump
Assuming that it's a recent SVN version, the debug log will tell you whether or not it's reading it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Make sure that these files don't exist in the following directory:
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata

I think that this may cause a conflict and I vaguely remember that I did have this initially.
I certainly don't have files there now so this may be it.

Hope that helps.
Where is the mnt or Scratch folder? Isn't that just Apple TV? I can't seem to find that folder on my Mini... I appreciate the response though! A little extra help would be greatly appreciated Big Grin
UnisonRuss Wrote:Where is the mnt or Scratch folder? Isn't that just Apple TV? I can't seem to find that folder on my Mini... I appreciate the response though! A little extra help would be greatly appreciated Big Grin

if you named it "advanced settings.xml", that's wrong.

Also it's /Users/<username>/Applications/XBMC.app, on the AppleTV the username is frontrow.

"/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow" and "/Users/frontrow" point to the same place on the AppleTV.
There is no space, it is titled "advancedsettings.xml." I'll have a look for the userdata folder now that I know where to look Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml not working0