How do I get rid of the root folder?
Is there a way to hide the root folder in my media? When I click on TV Shows, Movies, Music, etc. it always defaults to the root folder, which looks ugly IMO. How can I get rid of it? Or could I at least change a setting for it to be at the bottom instead of the top?

Any help is appreciated Nod
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Do you mean the "Hide Parent Folder Items"?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sweet! That worked Big Grin Couldn't find it in the skin I was using, but I switched it to the original skin and now it works. Thanks for the input Nod
I love my Mac Mini :;):
sho Wrote:Do you mean the "Hide Parent Folder Items"?

I have to admit that setting name could be changed to something more inline with what it actually does...

A parent folder item is 'one level above to the folder I'm in at this moment'.

So when I saw that setting I said to myself... how odd why on earth would you not want to see the parent folder... how else would you go back up and pick a different album, artist, season, TV series, etc if the 'parent level' indicator was hidden.

Perhaps it could say: "Hide Source Navigation", "Hide Root Navigation" or "Prevent Top Most Level Navigation".

Okay I just tried this feature and its worded correctly alright...

Once you navigate from Artists to U2 then thats it there's no way to go back and select a different artist then when you go into War (an album) then there is no way to go back up and select a different album... its like riding in an elevator that will only go down and never let you get back up to a previous level.

I'm kind wondered why this feature would have been requested... Sure seems odd unless I'm totally missing something... but with this feature on I did the following:

MUSIC --> ARTISTS --> U2 --> WAR

Now I see the songs on that album... and I can't find a single way to get out of seeing the WAR album even if I escape out to the main menu and then reselect MUSIC I'm *still* staring at WAR ... (I guess because I have 'remember location' turned on or something like that). So for me its either quite XBMC or only play U2 - WAR songs for the rest of my life... lol

Still seems like an odd feature to want to enable....

I think preventing users from getting ALL THE WAY to the top most level of VIDEO would be more like something people would want. If I chose TV I should expect to never be able to fully back up to the point where I can then traverse into the Movies folder.
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"
Perhaps because it takes you to the parent folder, not the root folder.
Not saying it couldn't be worded better though.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
The "back" action (backspace on keyboard) always takes you out of the folder you are in. So you are most certainly missing something, yes.

Thus the reason it's named as it is. It does not alter navigation at all - all it does is removes an item in the list that points to the parent folder (thus "parent folder item").

Better suggestions are welcome, but it has to describe what it does.

Cheers,
Jonathan

nevermind....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get rid of the root folder?0