Option to disable "automatic" mounting of removable USB / FireWire disks?
Ned.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

You can restrict access to drives (well within xbmc anyway).

settings > appearance > file list > Show "Add source" buttons in file lists. This gives you the option to show/hide the "add video" button which shuts of the ability to browse drives, external and internal. So you can lock down the system for say a guest account, so they can't browse drives, internal or external and do anything silly.

As mentioned. external USB drives don't show in xbmc on windoze 7 but do in Ubuntu xbmc.
Hi all,
Is this issue going to be fixed? Or has it been fixed already?
It sure would be sweet to be able to disable auto adding hooked up devices to files listing.

Regards,
pX
The trac ticket is closed so probably not going to be fixed soon. At least still an issue on latest stable & ubuntu.
(2014-05-02, 08:48)vikjon0 Wrote: The trac ticket is closed so probably not going to be fixed soon.

or apparently ever
(2016-11-06, 22:42)JeromyNix Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 08:48)vikjon0 Wrote: The trac ticket is closed so probably not going to be fixed soon.

or apparently ever

It was closed because at a certain point it was decided that Trac was only for bug reports. All feature request tickets were closed at that point.
I completely agree with mediainternals reply regarding profiles not being fully implementable for kids - I'm running Kodi "Krypton" on my Minix Neo U9-H (Android OS), and I'm using USB drives to access my movies/music. I've setup a profile for my kids, but they can still technically navigate to folders containing MA+ content on the USB drive as the file manager shows all connected drives without possibility to hide/restrict/lock. A simple setting in Kodi to disable display of USB drives in the file manager would solve this, as with profiles you can lock down changes to settings and thus fully secure the Kids profile. I hope this is somethig that can be controlled in version 18 and beyond with Kodi. It's a great UI and relatively easy to use and setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disable "automatic" mounting of removable USB / FireWire disks?0