IR Remote Reciever Software and Pocket PC Remote Software
Thumbs Up 
hi

I have two pieces of software I would like to let you guys know about. I'm sure its nothing new but in case someone has the same setup or wants a similar setup it could be helpful.

The first is a piece of windows software that i use with my IR remote is Uice. The software costs $20 and supports many different remotes. It takes the remote command and turns it into a command that XBMC can recognize, eg keyboard input.

you can buy or trial the software here: http://www.mediatexx.com/

The second piece of windows software is for my Pocket PC. It is a remote that uses my wireless network. The software costs $16 and runs on windows mobile 2003, windows mobile 2005 as well as the host windows PC. The software is PPC Tablet Remote Control Suite and is very flexible as it has an editor that allows costume layouts and controls.

you can buy or trial the software here: http://www.aacompserv.com/AACompWeb/Modu...ID=002.001

I use the IR remote receiver software for both the IR and PPC remote.

Hope this helps someone

Also if your interested in the PPC Remote I have templates if you don't want to create your own or could help with setup if you have questions on either software.

Finally I would like to thank the group of people who work on XBMC. I love it, Cheers
Hummm... Did you try to pair this remote app directly with XBMC? Or does it simply show you the TV screen on your PPC and lets you touch various buttons on-screen? BTW, some screenies would be really nice.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
yer you can control xbmc directly. the ppc software only sends keyboard instructions, so if you want a 'stop' button on the remote you configure the ppc software to send 'X' for example.

here are some screen shots of my remote. I have tabbed screens set up, one for controlling the navigation and one for controlling the media controls. this made it easier for finger control as it used less space so no need for the ppc pen.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a try once I stop playing around with XBMC HTTP-R. Not that my NumberPad wasn't enough, but when it comes to range...
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Thanks for the info P4P8x. I Don't know if you would mind sharing your ppc tablet profile for xbmc. I would really appreciate it . Thanks so much.
There are several free apps that can do all these functions very well and are widely used on this forum... EventGhost is a very popular one.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
p4p8x.... do you have that profile to share plz....?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Remote Reciever Software and Pocket PC Remote Software0