Deleting files after smb reads
hi all,

i'm new here (first post, great job on xbmc so far!Wink and have a few topics i'd like to bring up. the first one has to do with accessing files from the pc using smb.

i've started using xbmc as the front end to my music collection and dvr from our upstairs tv, using smb shares. after watching something off the dvr i usually delete it, so, i started to change xbmc to support this.

i ran into some troubles and went back to an unmodified xmbc 1.1.0 for the following steps - these reproduce the problem i'm seeing.

1. from 'my video', in view by file mode, view a video file which is mounted using smb.

2. stop viewing the video (or even let it finish).

3. on the pc, try and delete the file.

4. problem: winxpro(sp2) thinks the file is still in use and won't let you delete (need to reboot to delete). i've tried going through the xbmc code and haven't found a problem yet. the file seems to be closed in the xbmc code, but i haven't looked at the mplayer code itself (i don't think the mplayer code was included as part of the download i got).

has anyone looked at this - can anyone suggest ways to narrow down the possibilities (i.e. where i should focus on)? one area i'm unclear about is the libsmb library itself. i'm not sure how to build that, also, i noticed it has a smbc_purge() just for the xbox - why does the xbox need this if other platforms don't? i don't think the libsmb code was included in the download either (and i'm new to cvs).

thanks,
x.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting files after smb reads0