High CPU load in idle
Hi,

I have noticed that on my system (Athlon X2 4850, 2GB RAM, 780G chipset, XP Pro 3), even in idle mode, i.e. when XBMC is in the music or video library, and there is no animation at all, I have about 30% to 45% CPU load, which makes my CPU cooler get noticeably louder. Why is there such high CPU load although XBMC is not doing anything stressful at all?
Search - covered plenty of times.
Are you using DirectX or OpenGL build ? Try directx build ...
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Long story short, it's because of how XBMC refreshes. There are many things you can do to reduce the load. Searching will help.
natethomas Wrote:Long story short, it's because of how XBMC refreshes. There are many things you can do to reduce the load. Searching will help.

Can you please give me a hint what to search for exactly? I have used search terms such as "cpu load", "refresh", etc., but cannot seem to find any thread really covering what I'm searching for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU load in idle0