MAC - How to?
I have a iMAC in one room and want to try xbmc. What do I need to stream media to my HDTV in another room? This is all new to me. What would give me the best quality?
To try it on your mac, just go to http://xbmc.org/download and download it.

To get it to stream to your HDTV, that depends on what type of HDTV it is, and what it's connected to.

If it's connected to the iMac as a second screen, then just switch to that screen in XBMC. If it's connected to another computer (mac, pc, appletv) then install XBMC on that machine and run XBMC on that.

If it has a UPnP renderer built in to it, then you *may* be able to use the UPnP server that's built in to XBMC to share your music and video libraries, but note that many UPnP renderers accept only a small portion of the file formats that XBMC itself can display.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you! HDTV is a Sony 52" KDL-52XBR4. Since my iMAC is in another room what are my best options for connecting it to the HDTV? Or would it be best to connect a another computer or UPnP device to the HDTV? If so, what computer or UPnP device would you recommend that would give me the best picture and sound quality in your opinion. I do not believe that the HDTV has UPnP device built in to it.

Thank you for all your help and support! I'm trying to get a grasp on understanding.
Personally I would say: connect the iMac directly to the TV via HDMI/DVI cable.

But for that it would be best to have the iMac in the same room.

Also if you add up the costs for an uPnP player you might consider a mac mini under the TV?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MAC - How to?0