xbmc getting windowed when launching external application
I'm trying to set up the Launcher plugin for xbmc, and my problem is, that after I start an application (say firefox), xbmc will switch from full-screen to windowed mode - I don't see how I can turn it back to fullscreen

also, the xbmc window content gets corrupted.

this is on a stock ubuntu 9.04 install, with the latest sources compiled from svn.

any help / pointers would be appreciated
akos.maroy Wrote:I'm trying to set up the Launcher plugin for xbmc, and my problem is, that after I start an application (say firefox), xbmc will switch from full-screen to windowed mode - I don't see how I can turn it back to fullscreen

also, the xbmc window content gets corrupted.

this is on a stock ubuntu 9.04 install, with the latest sources compiled from svn.

any help / pointers would be appreciated

Latest is not a version. Please read "How to post in a useful manner"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

What installation method did you use for the Launcher plugin?
Zapata Wrote:Latest is not a version. Please read "How to post in a useful manner"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

What installation method did you use for the Launcher plugin?

I have svn revision 24128.

I downloaded the launcher plugin zip file Lanucher1.02.zip from the launcher plugin web site, and unzipped it in ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs
Same here.
This is quiet a PITA actually, specially because it used to work. I may be wrong, but I recall the "fullscreen" feature of xbmc taking care of this. Sometimes it was not that fast, so you could observe the window "getting aware" of it's state (not being fullscreen) after the focus got back to it and switching back to fullscreen mode in response. There was no "windowed" at all in the list. Now it's there and xbmc switches to windowed like you said...I consider this a bug!
What I find strange is that no one else seems to have this problem (or care...).
Are we missing something HuhHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc getting windowed when launching external application0