• 5(current)
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 testing
eickmeyer Wrote:Bump

anti-bump. this is off topic and better asked on the awkwardtv forums.
Perhaps I'll get in trouble for doing this, but I did a little test as I too would like to get composite working. As a sidenote I did get a hacked 3.0 working with color using the tips here (does not require a hacked ATV BTW) but got a black screen when trying to launch XBMC.

Once I got the black screen then I could no longer get into XBMC, even after a reboot. I repatched a 2nd time and loaded Launcher beta2 and tried another test. On my hi-def screen, before installing XBMC 9.11a1, I set the screen to 480i in the ATV TV resolution settings. Then installed XBMC and when I launched it I saw the apple log, a bright flash, and then black screen. And once again, after reboot, I still could not get into XBMC even after restting the TV resolution back to 720p HD (note: before switching to 480i I was set to 720p HD and could get into XBMC).

Tried to search forums and wiki and faq's but did not see any mention of 480i not being compatible with XBMC. In fact, saw that XBox users were using it. Once again, apologize if this is not relevant.

Info
AppleTV 3.0. Launcher 3.2b2, XBMC 9.11a1
Patchstick: atvusb-creator 1.0b10

Steps to reproduce:
1) Update to ATV 3.0 and patch
2) Set ATV TV resolution to 480i
3) Install XBMC (flipping 2 & 3 doesn't matter)
4) Launch XBMC = black screen

Logs:
xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/m4e2a94a
console log: http://pastebin.com/m5cc6f2e7
crash log: n/a
Can I suggest to please move the launcher menu to either the 3rd or 4th position (ie either after the tv shows or after the music items.) It seems more visually appealing to have it more centered, and to have the major built in media portals grouped together. Or perhaps give an option to allow us to specify our own position (and preferably name) of the menu. (I'd prefer to name it XBMC, and im sure some would prefer to name it Boxee)

I like XBMC but I use it only occasionally, and I encode nearly everything to be natively compatible with the atv. Thus, I would like it to have a teritary position. I figured out how to do this myself, and it definitely looks much better in the middle of the screen to me (after music), so definitely consider it. And as mentioned, renaming would be great.
I personally would like it where it used to be. In first position. Lol. I use xbmc more than anything on the atv. Only kidding. Don't care where it is as long as it works !!!! Many thanks davilla and crew!!
Arr MiHardies Wrote:Can I suggest to please move the launcher menu to either the 3rd or 4th position (ie either after the tv shows or after the music items.)

I figured out how to do this myself, and it definitely looks much better in the middle of the screen to me (after music), so definitely consider it. And as mentioned, renaming would be great.

What did you do to move? What steps exactly?

Maybe start a new thread to share your mod with everyone?
Hi All,

I've enabled SSH on my Apple TV 3.0

What is the latest URL for the 3.2x xbmc launcher so I can install it. All the links seem to be old. I tried using the 3.1 link on the code download page but once installed on the AppleTV no "launcher" menu shows. All I get right now is a "Software Menu"

Regards,

Omar
Chipskip Wrote:What did you do to move? What steps exactly?

Maybe start a new thread to share your mod with everyone?

Here you go: How to change the position of the launcher menu
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post432382
davilla Wrote:anti-bump. this is off topic and better asked on the awkwardtv forums.

Sorry about that. I'm eager to run 3.0 but don't want to be stuck with B/W. I haven't found any info on akwardtv but I'll continue to look elsewhere. Great job on XBMC!
ASROCK VisionX, Kodi Isengard 15.1, Aeon MQ5, Dreambox 8000HD, Panasonic TX-55CXW754
omarmasri Wrote:Hi All,

I've enabled SSH on my Apple TV 3.0

What is the latest URL for the 3.2x xbmc launcher so I can install it. All the links seem to be old. I tried using the 3.1 link on the code download page but once installed on the AppleTV no "launcher" menu shows. All I get right now is a "Software Menu"

check first post. Download of Launcher-3.2.beta2 seems to work.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tuckbodi Wrote:Perhaps I'll get in trouble for doing this, but I did a little test as I too would like to get composite working. As a sidenote I did get a hacked 3.0 working with color using the tips here (does not require a hacked ATV BTW) but got a black screen when trying to launch XBMC.

sorry, but it looks like the hack is incompatible with our approach of getting in front of Finder. I guess it's because we're playing games with Finder (stealing its openglcontext etc.).
Tried the TVComposite stuff from awkwardtv.org?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Arr MiHardies Wrote:Can I suggest to please move the launcher menu to either the 3rd or 4th position (ie either after the tv shows or after the music items.)
Will be after TVShows for the next release. Thanks for bringing this up, didn't like it between TVShows and Movies, too Wink

Arr MiHardies Wrote:Or perhaps give an option to allow us to specify our own position (and preferably name) of the menu. (I'd prefer to name it XBMC, and im sure some would prefer to name it Boxee)

The option is there (see the other thread about this). Adding a GUI option for this is a bit too much IMHO.

MaestroDD Wrote:Will be after TVShows for the next release. Thanks for bringing this up, didn't like it between TVShows and Movies, too Wink

The option is there (see the other thread about this). Adding a GUI option for this is a bit too much IMHO.

Funny you should bring that up. I know all about that other thread.... I wrote it Big Grin
And Id suggest moving it after "Music" I found it looks best there.
How to Rename the launcher menu
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61090

might I suggest making both these how-tos sticky?
Got an email from apple today saying that if I was using 3.0 to please upgrade to 3.0.1:

Dear Customer,
If you've installed the Apple TV 3.0 software update, you should immediately update to version 3.0.1. This prevents content from temporarily disappearing until it is resynced.

Has anyone tested to see if the update will require to repatchstick?
System: Apple TV 3.01
Installed: Launcher 3.2 according to documentation; finder restarted; got launcher menu
Downloaded both XBMC 9.04 and 9.11 (because got error message after starting XBMC: "an error has occurred, please click play/pause button to restart Apple TV)

Question: my ATV reacts as if XBMC is not downloaded / installed at all. Did anyone experience the same? Hope to get a solution....

Anyway: thanks to the development team!!! I am a very satisfied user of XBMC on ATV. It really rocks!!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 testing0