Wifi - Interface Disabled.
Ive done a quick search and havnt found an answer to this.

I just did a HDD install of xbmc on my msi wind, i have wifi turned on, using the FN+Wifi button, the light is green saying the hardware is on, but xbmc is saying "interface disabled" when i switch to wlan0.
sounds like you installed from the live iso?

i do believe you will need to install network tools in order to get your wireless working (which i think would require installing a desktop also).

or just do a normal desktop type install then install xbmc. you can set it up to launch xbmc automatically (search the forums for that)
you mean run it as a desktop install?

what i wanted to do was install it as the only OS on my laptop, then set it up as a media center on our flat screen.

since my laptop dosnt have a cd/dvd drive, i made a live usb drive, then installed it on to the laptop as a HDD install, formatting my hard drive.
theres no way to install it by itself and install the network drivers and such into it?
still wondering if theres a solution for this Sad

i installed my Windows 7 RC copy, and tried installing xbmc on that, but its laggy. xbmc ran faster as a live usb copy, or xbmc installed by itself from the live usb on my laptop hard drive.

if theres a way to do a live install and have wifi working id really like to hear how. or if theres a way to make it smooth on windows 7.
looks like i found the solution.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ols&page=2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wifi - Interface Disabled.0