DIRECTX build - autoswitching and vsync changes
Hi all,

As of r24167, the directx build now has auto-res switching and better vsync support. I don't actually have a system that supports this (laptop only) so hopefully it'll be working correctly for as many people as possible.

Please try, testing for problems with:

1. Switching from fullscreen to window (with video playing or without).
2. Switching from UI to video playback and back (when in fullscreen, with auto-framerate switching on).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Looking forward to it Jonathan, Just waiting on once of our nice builders to see fit to make one up and will report back for you.
Will try to test it. 1080p24,25,50,60.
thanks for letting us know.

will report back once a build is out.
Hi,

if anyone has a link to a build, can you please share the URL? I will test it with my onboard ATI HD 3200 of course, since I have massive VSync Probs at the moment.
I've been away from home most of the weekend. I'm trying to get my Dev PC to WOL over the internet. If it does I'll get a new build out.
Hi,

I'd love to try this out. However, when I am using r24167+ dx/gl builds, I cannot see any other resolution than my current Windows one. Where can I add the resolutions and refresh rates that I want to use in XBMC for the auto-framerate option?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I cannot find any threads about it.

/Polli
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
This is the relevant entry on TRAC: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24166

But it's not clear (to me) how to access the different resolutions/refresh rates. There's specific mention of not being able to do it from the UI.
Not sure if this is intentional, but multi-monitor support is gone (I guess D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT needs to be changed for whatever monitor is required).

Also when the fullscreen window loses focus, it disappears until it gains focus again.
Bad ass jmarshall. I just got XBMC workin smoothly in 7 so I'll definitely give this a go!
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
the switch to 23.98hz seems to work fine Smile Thanks!

Now we can only hope that someone fixes the audio sync issue aswell, I can't believe that there is not been more work on that major issue.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5755 my original ticket

EDIT1: jumping forward in a video with up or right arrow now takes forever. It worked fine with the old autoswitching code.

EDIT2: to answer your question, going from fullscreen to windowed and back works great. 23,98hz in FS and 60hz (desktop setting) in windowed.

EDIT3: going fromm video to gui and back also works.
Jumping forward/back has nothing to do with this.

As for multi-monitor support, yes, this will be broken. I'll see if I can get something underway for that. We need a separate device per monitor by the looks.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

All seems fine Jonathon. One thing I have noticed is that i though since my TV can only do 24Hz and not 23.978, my 23.978 files would use 24 but then use "sync playback to display" to change the video and audio clock and speed it up slightly. It doesn't seem to be doing this at all. Do I have the right understanding.

Instead it tries to play the file at 23.98 and jumps up above 24fps sometimes then back to 20 every once and a while.
All this does is switch the display to one using 24fps or whatever.

Anything on top of this is completely separate.

So far, it seems to work pretty well but I noticed two bugs:

- High CPU usage when in the gui.
- SRT subtitles aren't displayed with fullscreen (windowed mode works fine)

I compiled r24159 and the bugs aren't there so I guess the autoswitching and vsync changes are the culprit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DIRECTX build - autoswitching and vsync changes0