DIRECTX build - autoswitching and vsync changes
Read the online manual.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So, i have downloaded build 24222 and created advancedsettings.xml with

<advancedsettings>
<fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

in it but its not working. What I did wrong? Will this work in SVN build 24368?
chumaj001 Wrote:So, i have downloaded build 24222 and created advancedsettings.xml with

<advancedsettings>
<fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

in it but its not working. What I did wrong? Will this work in SVN build 24368?

what do you mean by "it's not working"? xbmc doesn't stay onscreen while you switch focus?

make sure the location of your as.xml is correct and xbmc actually reads it (see the log).

using 24420 atm and it still works.
cheers,azido :;):
I created file called advancesettings.xml and put the code in it. Saved in ANSI code and put in user data. Using build that you posted link here. XBMC is on screen 2, but when i play video, TV set starts to switch modes, which means, that resolution or refresh rate i changing, after that, i still can see GUI of XBMC and subtitles and hear sound, but no video is shown, only black screen.

Sorry, I am new to this, so it my be my mistake.
chumaj001 Wrote:I created file called advancesettings.xml and put the code in it. Saved in ANSI code and put in user data. Using build that you posted link here. XBMC is on screen 2, but when i play video, TV set starts to switch modes, which means, that resolution or refresh rate i changing, after that, i still can see GUI of XBMC and subtitles and hear sound, but no video is shown, only black screen.

Sorry, I am new to this, so it my be my mistake.

are you using either vista or win7 with aero turned on? jonathan mentioned there is only a small chance that it works on xp (well, in fact he said it might even work on some xp machines, which to me means on the majority it doesn't).

are you trying to apply framerate switching based on the video? note this:
Quote:Note that there is no framerate switching with <fakefullscreen> in place, though that could potentially be added via a different route.
Win 7 x64. Framerate switching is which setting? Does it have anything with sync settings?
chumaj001 Wrote:Win 7 x64. Framerate switching is which setting? Does it have anything with sync settings?

settings->video->player->adjust refresh rate

that one is ignored on my tv, but might not be on yours.

damned. i really hoped this fakefullscreen setting would be perfect for all ppl using win7/vista.

maybe you should provide a debug.log so jonathan can take a peek. go to settings->system and enable debug logging, then reproduce the error and upload the resulting log to pastebin.
Strange, but now I tried build 24368 again and it works. I firstly disabled both sync options in playback menu, updated to new build and then it worked. Then I enabled both sync options and it still works! But it crashes often.
chumaj001 Wrote:Strange, but now I tried build 24368 again and it works. I firstly disabled both sync options in playback menu, updated to new build and then it worked. Then I enabled both sync options and it still works! But it crashes often.

hmm.. actually i don't think this relies on the fakefullscreen setting.
i'm using build 24368 and win7 and i don't experience any problems with those settings. enable refresh rate and sync to audio is enabled. it's running smooth without any crashes...

i'm FINALLY happy with that combination, xbmc and win7 - works like a charm (so far..) Wink
Yes, it crashed couple of times during different tasks. I probably has nothing to do with video playback. More likely its library management.
I've got adjust refresh working and sync playback to display working seperately, but not in tandem. Doesn't seem to pick up that my files are 23.976 and the refresh is 24. I had seem in the past that it sped it up by 0.01.
kulprit Wrote:I've got adjust refresh working and sync playback to display working seperately, but not in tandem. Doesn't seem to pick up that my files are 23.976 and the refresh is 24. I had seem in the past that it sped it up by 0.01.

Can you post a log please.
I found a bugh, which could be related to that topic. I started a 720p MKV file, the screen flicker, then syncs, plays for 1-2 seconds and then gets back to the menu.

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/m68ffc093

The file I' trying to start begins at line 746:
16:15:21 T:2248 M:1239437312 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(H:\TV Shows\Heroes\s03e25 an invisible thread.mkv)

Maybe some1 can see, what's the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DIRECTX build - autoswitching and vsync changes0